The Student Room Group

Putting length of each placement in personal statement

I’m applying to veterinary medicine and am finalising my personal statement. I’ve included sections on my placements, what I did/observed and the transferable skills I witnessed the vets use and how I’ve developed these skills. However, do I need to put the length of each placement in my personal statement eg I spent 60 + hours volunteering, two weeks in fisheries etc.? I assumed most vet schools would send out a work Experience form for this type of information as I’m nearly out of characters in my personal statement as it is. Is this kind of information necessary for my personal statement or could I leave it out and just put it in the form?
Thanks
Original post by blank475
I’m applying to veterinary medicine and am finalising my personal statement. I’ve included sections on my placements, what I did/observed and the transferable skills I witnessed the vets use and how I’ve developed these skills. However, do I need to put the length of each placement in my personal statement eg I spent 60 + hours volunteering, two weeks in fisheries etc.? I assumed most vet schools would send out a work Experience form for this type of information as I’m nearly out of characters in my personal statement as it is. Is this kind of information necessary for my personal statement or could I leave it out and just put it in the form?
Thanks

Hi there,

I don't study veterinary medicine so this is limited advice and it's definitely worth getting in contact with your college. I'd say that the main focus of your personal statement is to demonstrate your passion - how did these placements inspire you to continue pursuing veterinary medicine? What did you specifically enjoy?

Definitely check this out with someone who has more course-specific knowledge!

All the best

Jaz - Cardiff Uni Rep
Original post by blank475
Thanks

Hi there,

I don't study veterinary medicine so this is limited advice and it's definitely worth getting in contact with your college. I'd say that the main focus of your personal statement is to demonstrate your passion - how did these placements inspire you to continue pursuing veterinary medicine? What did you specifically enjoy?

Definitely check this out with someone who has more course-specific knowledge!

All the best

Jaz - Cardiff Uni Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending