The Student Room Group

Thoughts of. Vet medicine at University of Lancashire ?

Saw University of Lancashire have GCSE requirement of. Math and English 4/C only and wondering if I should apply with the GCSE or do a HE Access course in veterinary science and apply with that and the addition of the GCSE as they do accept Access course.

Worth it ?
You will need to apply with a Level 3 qualification in addition to meeting their GCSE requirements. This means you will need to do A Levels, BTEC or an Access course in addition to GCSEs, for example. If you have further questions about admissions you should direct them to the UCLAN admissions team.

What do you mean by "worth it?"
If you mean is it worth completing these qualifications in order to be a vet, then yes.
Original post by Xaomi12
Saw University of Lancashire have GCSE requirement of. Math and English 4/C only and wondering if I should apply with the GCSE or do a HE Access course in veterinary science and apply with that and the addition of the GCSE as they do accept Access course.

Worth it ?

Hi there @Xaomi12, :smile:

It's great to hear that you are interest in our Veterinary Medicine course!

When it comes to entry requirements, you wouldn't get onto the BVMS course or the BVMS foundation entry course with GCSEs only. For advice on what further qualifications are needed to be considered for the course, I would recommend that you attend one of our Open Days or virtual events. A one-to-one chat with a vet academic would be useful.

Here are some events over the next few months that may be useful to you.
2 September Veterinary Medicine & Bioveterinary Sciences Open Day
13 September Top tips for your Veterinary Medicine (BVMS) application

Best wishes,:smile:
Sarah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending