The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
legless leggings lol
Definitely those trousers with attached skirts :lolwut:

AND oh god, those STRING VESTS WITH COLOURED VESTS UNDERNEATH. I was shamefully into them, I had several different coloured vests and one white string one :z and I would mix and match...
Reply 22
fallen angel9
I remember those. :rofl: All the girls were walking round with horrible, pink ponchos which just looked tacky. My mum was like, 'Do you want one?' :nothing:

I bought one and I actually never wore it. It scared me xD
Reply 23
I bought a pair of baggy trousers and a black hoodie once when I was about 12. Dear o dear.
Reply 24
Heels and Platforms that are too big for me :frown:
I used to love them trousers with the skirt attached but I wasn't allowed any when they first came out so I used to wear jeans with a blue skirt over the top (the shame) after that stint I think my nanna felt sorry for me and brought me some.
Missmeem
I bought one and I actually never wore it. It scared me xD

same I bought one from new look and never wore it!
Reply 27
I used to wear odd socks in the 80's, the flourescent orange and green ones!!

I also had a shell-suit around 89-90 and thought I looked cool... how wrong I was!!!
Underpants.

Seriously, what a jyp! Glad I left those fashion zombie days behind me in the late 80s.
Reply 29
Excessively baggy jeans and crop t-shirts. Oh the shame...
i used to do the whole mosher thing in secondry, massive baggy jeans (which i turned into fairly decent looking baggy shorts :smile: and black band hoodies, did the goth thing but i still have a soft spot for a lot of black and dark eyes, and massive platforms lol

when i was primary age i was a proper chav, nike hoodies and addidas trackies!

I think jeggings will become an awful fashion trend which is why i'm trying so hard not to buy any!!!
Reply 31
two words. neon. leggings.
Alexandra1234567
Definitely those trousers with attached skirts :lolwut:

AND oh god, those STRING VESTS WITH COLOURED VESTS UNDERNEATH. I was shamefully into them, I had several different coloured vests and one white string one :z and I would mix and match...

I had a white long sleeved one with a white vest top underneath only wore it onece.

spice girl trainers - wore them once but they were too small for me so I couldn't wear them again

cargo trousers slim ones(I shamefully had a pair in yr12)
army cargo print dress (worn once)
awful printed jeans
skorts
trousers with a skirt on top
Reply 33
Popper pants and the skirt and pants together thing.
Reply 34
Horrible flared jeans from Tammy and most other clothes from Tammy.
Reply 35
i remember when my freinds were goths and i was younger. they dressed in black and i did too but a tracksuit !! haha they eventually became chavs
Reply 36
The chav trend :frown:
Really really Greeb clothing.

I even had those Linkin Park jeans that were oh so popular :smile:

I found a pair of jeans that I bought when I was 12 and now I realise why I looked like a beach ball until I was 14. Thank goodness I discovered New Look and H&M before it was too late!!
ahh I love those heart shaped sunnies! haha!

worst: when Uggs were at their height, not only did I get a FAKE pair, but they were blue. And had butterflies on. Oh. My. God.
Plus, there was this huge 'baggy jean, tight top' trend at my school years ago that I bought into a bit. Shudder...
jessyfantastic90
same I bought one from new look and never wore it!

Me too! I gave into the trend and got one from New Look, I don't think I wore it once though, it must still be hanging around my house somewhere.

And I think I got one of those string vests, the ones that you layer with normal vests. I don't think I ever wore that either, thank god. I bought a burberry print scarf years ago too, although I think that was slightly before all the chav connotations.

And these might be controversial choices, but Uggs, arab-style neck scarves, and the whole leggings under dresses/skirts craze. I just think they're all too common to be stylish.

Also I got some baggy jeans and smock tops years ago when they were in fashion. Maybe in themselves they're not too bad, but I've got an hourglass shape so I looked really dreadful and shapeless in them. I've learned my lesson now though - buy stuff because it suits you, not because its fashionable!

Latest