The Student Room Group

Do any girls have short hair these days?

I have noticed that almost every school girl nowadays has long hair. When I was at school short hair wasn’t unusual and girls tended to wear trousers/what was comfy
Original post by Awaitingquavers
I have noticed that almost every school girl nowadays has long hair. When I was at school short hair wasn’t unusual and girls tended to wear trousers/what was comfy

It's interesting how fashion trends and personal style choices evolve over time, even in school settings. I've also noticed the prevalence of long hair among schoolgirls in recent times. It seems to have become a popular choice for many, reflecting a shift in beauty standards and individual expression.

Fashion is constantly evolving, and it's fascinating to see how trends change and adapt to different generations. What are your thoughts on these shifts in hairstyle and clothing choices among school girls?
Original post by AdamJamesWest
It's interesting how fashion trends and personal style choices evolve over time, even in school settings. I've also noticed the prevalence of long hair among schoolgirls in recent times. It seems to have become a popular choice for many, reflecting a shift in beauty standards and individual expression.

Fashion is constantly evolving, and it's fascinating to see how trends change and adapt to different generations. What are your thoughts on these shifts in hairstyle and clothing choices among school girls?

I was wondering if it’s linked to the media pressure thing for girls to look a certain way, so I initially questioned if it was a good thing. I remember at school there were all sorts of hairstyles - bobs, pixies etc and we were a lot more scruffy
I was wondering if it’s linked to the media pressure thing for girls to look a certain way, so I initially questioned if it was a good thing. I remember at school there were all sorts of hairstyles - bobs, pixies etc and we were a lot more scruffy

I dont think that the media has to do anything with this. I think it's more of a personal choice. There are still girls with short hair nowadays but yeah long hair has also been the kind of norm. I do remember those hairstyles of the past quite prominently.
Original post by AdamJamesWest
I dont think that the media has to do anything with this. I think it's more of a personal choice. There are still girls with short hair nowadays but yeah long hair has also been the kind of norm. I do remember those hairstyles of the past quite prominently.

If it was personal choice though wouldn’t you see a similar percentage of different hair lengths in this generation compared to the last few generations? There must be something influencing the personal choices whether it be media, fashion etc.

Not that it’s a big deal but I find it odd that I haven’t seen a female younger than 25 with short hair for years
If it was personal choice though wouldn’t you see a similar percentage of different hair lengths in this generation compared to the last few generations? There must be something influencing the personal choices whether it be media, fashion etc.

Not that it’s a big deal but I find it odd that I haven’t seen a female younger than 25 with short hair for years

Imagine you live in a city where longer hair for young women is the trend, so naturally, you'll see it more often. But the world is huge! There's a ton of diversity out there, and not everyone is in sync with media or fashion trends. Some might choose their hairstyle based on what's comfortable or meaningful for them personally, or according to their cultural background. So, while it might seem like all young women are opting for longer hair, there's a good chance it's more about where and who you're observing, rather than a universal truth.

Idk abt school girls but i tend to see those women from around 20+ wear their hair in a sort of trendy vintage French way in the very very short bob, otherwise with girls I do not particularly see at my school any shorter hair styles

I still met teachers and students on the way to school with short hair and the most look very good with that haircut.

Quick Reply

Latest