The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
caw123
Oh wow a whole 2000? Surely you must be joking. :rolleyes:

We're postgraduates though ?

The topics I have to write about are a lot harder than my undergrad, and more technical. For instance IT project management?? :smile:
I've written 30,000 words in a month (specifically July 2009) which averages out to 967.74 words a day, every day. Still have another 70,000 words to go but having a little break at the moment!
danni_bella
We're postgraduates though ?

Then why did you post it in GUD instead of the postgraduate forum?
I am not even going to say how many words I have managed to conquer in the library @ uni!!! . . .:ninjagirl:

Fair play to those who have pulled some smackers out the bag in one day though. :yep:
DancinBallerina

Fair play to those who have pulled some smackers out the bag in one day though. :yep:

Terms made up of two or three deadlines each week will do that to you...
Craghyrax
Terms made up of two or three deadlines each week will do that to you...

I know . .I have been there and had a tendency to leave assignments to that last week! Not anymore - my stress levels and skin can't take anymore!! :s-smilie:
I've done 3000 word essays in a day, most was a 5000 word chunk of my 7000 word dissertation
Reply 67
Managed about 5500 in an all day all night session on my 10000 word dissertation, and i shall be writing a 1500 word reasearch proposal and a 2000 word essay back to back today! wish me luck! :smile:
Reply 68
At school I did much more than that for coursework and such..but so far just in uni I'd say about 2000.
I need this right now. Please can you lecture me how you did it please.
Original post by hoonosewot
Lol, that's really not as impressive as you think it is. I have done several 4000 word essays in one sitting, along with coursemates who were doing the same.

It depends on what style of working suits you best tbh, but i find that if i do work in lots of different short bits then its gets a bit broken up and messy. I prefer to head in to the library early in the morning, spend an hour getting all the info/books/journals i think i'll need then work non-stop (except for a short lunch break) till it closes at midnight.

My personal record was a coffee fueled ~7000-8000 word chunk of dissertation in one VERY long day (science dissertation as well, so no poetic license allowed).

Please kindly teach be how you did it. I need this right now
Original post by Simschowa

Suppose you work for 8 hours. Then you write 4000/8 = 500 words per hours = 500/60 = 8.33 words per minute.
Reply 73
I need this right now. Please can you lecture me how you did it please.

This is a very old thread, and is now closed.

Latest

Trending

Trending