The Student Room Group

A level Japanese

Since there’s so few of us doing it and literally no resources online, here is the Japanese a level thread!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
Hii I do A level japanese
Original post by daisy.akane
Since there’s so few of us doing it and literally no resources online, here is the Japanese a level thread!
Reply 3
Any edexcel Japanese takers? How did you find the A level exam?
Reply 4
It was alright but i forgot to learn some of the work force vocab for the last reading question.. also i ran out of time for it so only answered 3/5 wbu, also are you taking japanese in uni?

Original post by dartexs
Any edexcel Japanese takers? How did you find the A level exam?
Reply 5
Original post by xuni
It was alright but i forgot to learn some of the work force vocab for the last reading question.. also i ran out of time for it so only answered 3/5 wbu, also are you taking japanese in uni?

Omg yes that last question was a bit iffy. I answered every question on it but if you ask me what the passage was saying I couldn’t tell you 💀. Also yess if my results are okay I’ll hopefully be studying Japanese at Uni ! wbu?
Reply 6
I am too! I'm doing linguistics with Japanese at uni.
I honestly have no idea for the last reading question LOL, the text about one piece made me regret trash talking my friend for liking it HAHA oops-

How did you find the writing section? and what film/ books are you doing for paper 2? are you ready? wanna try studying together?

Original post by dartexs
Omg yes that last question was a bit iffy. I answered every question on it but if you ask me what the passage was saying I couldn’t tell you 💀. Also yess if my results are okay I’ll hopefully be studying Japanese at Uni ! wbu?
Reply 7
Original post by xuni
I am too! I'm doing linguistics with Japanese at uni.
I honestly have no idea for the last reading question LOL, the text about one piece made me regret trash talking my friend for liking it HAHA oops-

How did you find the writing section? and what film/ books are you doing for paper 2? are you ready? wanna try studying together?

I started lowkey laughing when I saw the one piece text 😭😭 The writing section was fine for me but I definitely feel I could have made a better essay but it is what it isss. For paper 2 we chose a bunch of short stories for the book and spirited away for the film. I feeeel semi-ready? Idk how many practice essays I’ve written at this point but writing essays in a whole different language is harddd man. Also studying together would be nice!
Reply 8
i havent written a single essay for film or book.. im doing kitchen as my book and also doing spirited away, do you have discord or something?

Original post by dartexs
I started lowkey laughing when I saw the one piece text 😭😭 The writing section was fine for me but I definitely feel I could have made a better essay but it is what it isss. For paper 2 we chose a bunch of short stories for the book and spirited away for the film. I feeeel semi-ready? Idk how many practice essays I’ve written at this point but writing essays in a whole different language is harddd man. Also studying together would be nice!
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 9
Original post by xuni
i havent written a single essay for film or book.. im doing kitchen as my book and also doing spirited away, do you have discord or something?
if so my add is: zzzzzzzzzz#4863

I have discord yes I’ll add you!
Reply 10
Original post by dartexs
I have discord yes I’ll add you!

Original post by xuni

Im also doing Kitchen and Spirited Away!! also have not written a single practice essay for either..... used half term as a major excuse to not do any before

Im so so happy we've found each other on here though, there's so few of us doing this A level!

And yeah, that last reading question was pretty tough, I answered all the questions but don't know how many of my answers were anywhere near correct...
I was really lucky for the written response, my research topic was changing events (7) and I had literally done a practice essay on 祭り the day before the exam, so the topic was fresh in my mind. Also lucked out with the sources I'd memorised, they were pretty relevant to the question. Overall i think I was just pretty lucky for paper 1

I dont have discord atm, but could easily download it bc i know its easier to communicate there x
Reply 11
Original post by daisy.akane
Im also doing Kitchen and Spirited Away!! also have not written a single practice essay for either..... used half term as a major excuse to not do any before

Im so so happy we've found each other on here though, there's so few of us doing this A level!

And yeah, that last reading question was pretty tough, I answered all the questions but don't know how many of my answers were anywhere near correct...
I was really lucky for the written response, my research topic was changing events (7) and I had literally done a practice essay on 祭り the day before the exam, so the topic was fresh in my mind. Also lucked out with the sources I'd memorised, they were pretty relevant to the question. Overall i think I was just pretty lucky for paper 1

I dont have discord atm, but could easily download it bc i know its easier to communicate there x

Omg!!! Another one of us. Im glad that paper 1 went well for you. If you do end up downloading discord my add is: Dartex6#6513

We cld create a grpchat or smth 🤭🤭
Reply 12
Omg we are doing the exact same topics, i did changing festivals, doing kitchen and spirited away too haha!
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 13
Just finished the last paper, if anyone doing the exams in the future are interested in buying notes/ キッチンの本 then pm me :smile:
omg hi do you have any advice for someone doing a level japanese this year? especially for the 3 essays since idk how to revise and there aren't many resources available

any help would be so appreciated xx
Original post by Violin1306
omg hi do you have any advice for someone doing a level japanese this year? especially for the 3 essays since idk how to revise and there aren't many resources available
any help would be so appreciated xx

Hi, I did the a level last year :smile:
I’d just say to do as many practise essays as possible, and get used to writing essays with structure. The feedback I got the most was sticking to the question given.

Make sure you understand your book/films, and maybe have some memorised sentences about different themes/characters.

Good luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest