The Student Room Group

Can I write a 5000 word essay in three weeks

I have an essay due in three weeks and it is 5k. I have already written 1k words.

Am I ****ed lads?

Scroll to see replies

No, you can do that in a day lol.
Original post by toxicgamage56
No, you can do that in a day lol.

Not if you are ******ed like me lol
Original post by Anonymous
Not if you are ******ed like me lol

It's 4000 words, come on. Three weeks is literally 21 days so you could do like 200 words a day and finish your essay. Or preferably do like 1000 quality words a day, or spend a few days planning then do all 4000 words in a day. It's not that bad. I've had to do like 9k words in a day for a project once after procrastinating for like 8 weeks, so you've definitely got this.
You'll be fine mate, I've done 3k in a week all year.

Just start writing with an idea of what you're arguing and keep making sensible paragraphs , then when you've got your basics watertight go on Google scholar and search your key points so you'll have quotes and points from whatever academic texts you need.

The research is what makes these essays long so know what you want to argue (even if it changes half way through-which it probably will) and you won't be overwhelmed

Also, please leave places for citations as you go along or else you'll cry later x
You'll be fine mate, I've done 3k in a week all year.

Just start writing with an idea of what you're arguing and keep making sensible paragraphs , then when you've got your basics watertight go on Google scholar and search your key points so you'll have quotes and points from whatever academic texts you need.

The research is what makes these essays long so know what you want to argue (even if it changes half way through-which it probably will) and you won't be overwhelmed

Also, please leave places for citations as you go along or else you'll cry later x

I don't think so. I am big time ****ed. Especially since I have other things to do during the three weeks. I don't need to do that well as I have done well in my other modules so far (I am in the final year) but I do not want to risk it and do poorly in this assignment. The worst thing is that this is the last assignment I will do at university, which makes it even more embarrassing...
Buckle down. Don't waste time online haha. Stop posting about it and crack on!
Original post by skullgunk04
Buckle down. Don't waste time online haha. Stop posting about it and crack on!

Am trying to lol
Can't see why not, if you've literally done no reading/research then it might be a bit tight but still, seems plausible either way.
If you have written 1000 and have 4000 left, then considering you take no day off, you would only need to write 190 days for the 21 days.
Couple of days solid work tbh.
easily
Original post by Stb1750
If you have written 1000 and have 4000 left, then considering you take no day off, you would only need to write 190 days for the 21 days.

It’s 20 days now lol
I don't think so. I am big time ****ed. Especially since I have other things to do during the three weeks. I don't need to do that well as I have done well in my other modules so far (I am in the final year) but I do not want to risk it and do poorly in this assignment. The worst thing is that this is the last assignment I will do at university, which makes it even more embarrassing...

Like I said, just start writing. Once you know what's going on with the essay you can decide if you want to continue making an effort or if you're okay submitting something half arsed.

I must really live life on the edge or something lol, cos I still don't see your problem with having 20 days to write 4k
Original post by Jaffacake1212
Like I said, just start writing. Once you know what's going on with the essay you can decide if you want to continue making an effort or if you're okay submitting something half arsed.

I must really live life on the edge or something lol, cos I still don't see your problem with having 20 days to write 4k

Severe mental illness is the ‘problem’
I have an essay due in three weeks and it is 5k. I have already written 1k words.

Am I ****ed lads?

Not at all. People write more words in less time. Just stop procrastinating. Plan it out and write it. Why are you worried? Do you struggle with writing stuff?
Couple days in enough trust me I did 8k in 1 week

Am I ****ed lads?

No lol... it'll be fine. You could probably do 4k words in a week anyway if you have good planning and you're willing to spend time.
Severe mental illness is the ‘problem’

Alright fair enough, but depending on how it affects you, you can still do your work.

If you're feeling hopeless and overwhelmed then sitting around on TSR will make you feel worse because you'll panic about the time you have left.

If you just haven't got the energy then I understand, but you need to take a breath and start arranging your time so that you're able to get this done. Planning what you need to do is still very important for getting the essay done and better than forcing yourself to sit at a computer to write when your mind just isn't up to it

Mental health is hard, and I'm sure at this point in 3rd year you've been through everything uni could have mentally thrown at you, take a deep breathe and think about what comes next, about no more essays and a future. Maybe a summer holiday or a job!

Good luck with your essay x

Am I ****ed lads?

I've written 5000 words in 24 hours, trust me you can do it. If you know you have a deadline you can get your head down and just write, especially easier if you have all the info with you. u defo can

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending