The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Freshers Ball Dress Code

I know that the freshers ball has a smart dress code (suits, tuxedos and the like) but do we actually HAVE to wear black ties? I ask this because I only have a navy blue suit with light blue shirt and silver tie (silver sounds a bit flashy, I know, but it goes well with the blue tones of the suit and shirt), which I wore to our 6th form prom.

A black tie wouldn't go well with it at all, so do you think it'd be okay to wear my silver one? Having said that, I don't want to be the only one there without a black tie but I'm not willing to spend over £100 on another suit when the one I already have is fine.
Reply 1
I read somewhere on SUSU that you won't get turned away if you dont turn up in Back-tie clothes. So I can only assume that people will turn up not in black-tie clothes, and what you want to wear sounds smart enough, so I would have thought that you woud be alright.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
'Black-tie' refers to the dress code (i.e semi-formal evening wear) and not that colour of your tie.
Reply 3
Yeh I have a suit but with blue shirt and blue tie. I think it looks nice - I will stand out, lolz.

Latest

Trending

Trending