The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Archer's Road University of Southampton

I've firmed UoS starting September 2024, my course will be on Highfield Campus. Accommodation applications are opening in a few weeks and I'm considering Archer's Road - I need an en-suite due to a medical condition. Any opinions from current/former students on Archer's would be helpful, there doesn't seem to be as much info out there as there is for Wessex/Glen :frown:
Original post by rosina05
I've firmed UoS starting September 2024, my course will be on Highfield Campus. Accommodation applications are opening in a few weeks and I'm considering Archer's Road - I need an en-suite due to a medical condition. Any opinions from current/former students on Archer's would be helpful, there doesn't seem to be as much info out there as there is for Wessex/Glen :frown:
Hi @rosina05,

The rooms are similar across all our halls of residence. Archers Road has our standard en-suite rooms, which will be to a similar design to the ones at Glen Eyre or Wessex Lane. If you want to have a better look at the residence halls, the university's you tube cahannel has a 360 degrees tour of Archers Road which shows a room and bathroom at the halls.

Hope this helps
Matthew
Student Ambassador
On campus at the University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Uni of Southampton Students
Hi @rosina05,
The rooms are similar across all our halls of residence. Archers Road has our standard en-suite rooms, which will be to a similar design to the ones at Glen Eyre or Wessex Lane. If you want to have a better look at the residence halls, the university's you tube cahannel has a 360 degrees tour of Archers Road which shows a room and bathroom at the halls.
Hope this helps
Matthew
Student Ambassador

Thank you Matthew:smile: how many people to a flat usually at Archers? Is it different if you’re at either Gateley or Romero? I know the kitchens are smaller at Romero so I’m not sure if that means less people to a flat
Thank you Matthew:smile: how many people to a flat usually at Archers? Is it different if you’re at either Gateley or Romero? I know the kitchens are smaller at Romero so I’m not sure if that means less people to a flat

Hi @rosina05

I stayed at Romero in Archers Road last year. There was 7 people in my flat. It is roughly this number in all the flats. Gateley and Romero have the same number of people per flat. It's just Romero have smaller kitchens. The kitchens in both have the same amount of fridge and freezer space. It is just Gateley has more space in the kitchen to walk around.

Best Wishes,
Gulcin
2nd Year PPE Student

congrats which course are u doing ?
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous #1
congrats which course are u doing ?

Thank you! I’m doing Psychology :smile:
wow nice

Hey, I'm a current 4th year. One thing to note about Archer's road is that it is a much smaller complex compared to than glen and wessex. This might suit you, however, by nature it is likely to be less social. Archer's road will host hundreds of students whilst glen and wessex will host thousands. If you'd like to meet more people early on I would recommend glen or wessex. Personally, I was in glen and would recommend as it is close to Highfield campus (5-10 min walk) and its a spacious complex - plus there's so many people to meet!
Please bear in mind that it's against the TSR terms of use to invite people to offsite communications platforms or solicit such invitations for yourself. For safeguarding and other reasons, conversations started on TSR need to stay on TSR!

You are welcome to post in this year's applicant thread though: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7393302 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending