The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Southampton Uni - help

Is Southampton a good Uni and how is it facility wise? I want to study psych and the course seems interesting however I have got my top 5 already which are York, Exeter, Cardiff, bath, (and between Loughborough and Durham)..so am i wasting my time?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Is Southampton a good Uni and how is it facility wise? I want to study psych and the course seems interesting however I have got my top 5 already which are York, Exeter, Cardiff, bath, (and between Loughborough and Durham)..so am i wasting my time?

If you have your top 5, why are you now looking into Southampton too? I can’t speak much on that course specifically, but the city itself is grim, many people I know who went there changed universities as they didn’t like the environment, bleak and dull.

Bath is excellent for psychology, along with its beautiful environment. This can also be said for all your other options.

Have you already applied to all of these? Or are you still considering which to go for?
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by greentiger
If you have your top 5, why are you now looking into Southampton too? I can’t speak much on that course specifically, but the city itself is grim, many people I know who went there changed universities as they didn’t like the environment, bleak and dull.

Bath is excellent for psychology, along with its beautiful environment. This can also be said for all your other options.

Have you already applied to all of these? Or are you still considering which to go for?
I am currently in year 12 so I still have some time till October on where to apply to, however I only have time in the upcoming break to travel and see the unis so I am trying my best to narrow it down to less. And since I am visiting the unis soon, I wanted to see if anyone really liked the uni and if I should make it an option for me as I have not heard much of the course and city compared to the other places but thank you!

Ive been there it is amazing, i prefered Southampton to most of the other universities I saw, only reason Im selecting bath over it, is the chem eng course is only 3yrs old so im going with the more experienced uni in Bath, but for Aero its top 2 in the country I reckon behind only imperial. Its amazing for EEE and CS as well as Biomed Eng/Mech
Obviously not sure about psychology but its general facilities are amazing and the city has a great vibe
Original post by Singam21
Obviously not sure about psychology but its general facilities are amazing and the city has a great vibe
okay thank you
Reply 6
I am currently studying at Southampton and I can’t tell you about the psychology course however they are very good at accommodating additional needs and promptly provide answers to questions via the student hub the university is a nice environment however the city is rather bleak and due to the proximity to a the sea it rains quite often
Reply 7
Original post by hm7g23
I am currently studying at Southampton and I can’t tell you about the psychology course however they are very good at accommodating additional needs and promptly provide answers to questions via the student hub the university is a nice environment however the city is rather bleak and due to the proximity to a the sea it rains quite often
Okay thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending