The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Aparently its most likely to be the liberals and then the suffragettes but not the home front? Anyone know for certain?
Reply 2
last year it was only home front. It is stupid really. They should make it diverse and use all 3 topics if they really want to test our knowledge.
Reply 3
Aparently its most likely to be the liberals and then the suffragettes but not the home front? Anyone know for certain?

I was told that too. But then again, the cartoon on the first one (League of Nations), I'm sure has come up millions of times, so I didn't expect it again, and then it came up, so it was piss. Focus on the Liberals though, definately. :biggrin:
Reply 4
Yep, I'd say the Libs too
Reply 5
For History A it will be on Medicine Through Time or Crime and Punishment in the Middle Ages.
does anyone know what period the crime and punishment paper 2 with sources is about? :confused:
Reply 7
i have too do public health and housing
Reply 8
My esteemed history teacher reckon that it is likely that it'll be world war 1. God knows why they cant just chuck in all the topics
Reply 9
My teacher thought it would be reforms, votes then the home front. Seems most teachers thought that too. The annoying thing is that he didn't teach us the home front because of it, so I have to learn that myself and it might not even come up.
Reply 10
hannah_banana
does anyone know what period the crime and punishment paper 2 with sources is about? :confused:

As i said should be Middle Ages :wink:
Ste
As i said should be Middle Ages :wink:

Thanx does that include anglo saxon or is it jst from 1066-1500?
Reply 12
NSiky
My teacher thought it would be reforms, votes then the home front. Seems most teachers thought that too. The annoying thing is that he didn't teach us the home front because of it, so I have to learn that myself and it might not even come up.

Knowing our luck the exam board will trick us and put on what they put on last june.
Reply 13
do we need to know loads of little specific details, or just have a general idea of what happened in the three sections and relate that to information in the sources??
I'm trying to learn some specific details, but it's really difficult. Especially having not been taught them since September and having triple science to worry about too!
Reply 15
hannah_banana
Thanx does that include anglo saxon or is it jst from 1066-1500?

I believe so yes.

For medicine the likelyhood is that it will be on Public Health or the Black Death.

I heard that Crime and Punishment could be on something like Robin Hood but that in only like a 10% certainty.
Reply 16
for crime and punishment i hope they dont do something on islam or the role of women coz we never learnt that at all! not much revision is needed its mainly exam tecnique and skills..... right?
Reply 17
You've got to learn the information and back it up with facts. I'm mainly learning the facts.
Reply 18
To be honest you dont need to know a lot of historical facts, because its a source paper. Obviously you do need to know about the stuff but its no way like paper 1 and cold war etc.
Reply 19
Think of it this way if you want a C or a B you have general knowledge of the era and back your statements up with it.

For an A or A* you have the facts and all of the facts which you put into practice.

Latest