Turn on thread page Beta

OCR History: Paper 2 on Tuesday watch

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what the OCR paper on Tuesday is about it's either:
    - The Liberals
    - Women and the Vote
    - Home Front

ReputationRep:
    Aparently its most likely to be the liberals and then the suffragettes but not the home front? Anyone know for certain?

ReputationRep:
    last year it was only home front. It is stupid really. They should make it diverse and use all 3 topics if they really want to test our knowledge.

ReputationRep:
    Aparently its most likely to be the liberals and then the suffragettes but not the home front? Anyone know for certain?
    I was told that too. But then again, the cartoon on the first one (League of Nations), I'm sure has come up millions of times, so I didn't expect it again, and then it came up, so it was piss. Focus on the Liberals though, definately.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, I'd say the Libs too

ReputationRep:
    For History A it will be on Medicine Through Time or Crime and Punishment in the Middle Ages.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know what period the crime and punishment paper 2 with sources is about? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    i have too do public health and housing

ReputationRep:
    My esteemed history teacher reckon that it is likely that it'll be world war 1. God knows why they cant just chuck in all the topics

ReputationRep:
    My teacher thought it would be reforms, votes then the home front. Seems most teachers thought that too. The annoying thing is that he didn't teach us the home front because of it, so I have to learn that myself and it might not even come up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah_banana)
    does anyone know what period the crime and punishment paper 2 with sources is about? :confused:
    As i said should be Middle Ages

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ste)
    As i said should be Middle Ages
    Thanx does that include anglo saxon or is it jst from 1066-1500?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NSiky)
    My teacher thought it would be reforms, votes then the home front. Seems most teachers thought that too. The annoying thing is that he didn't teach us the home front because of it, so I have to learn that myself and it might not even come up.
    Knowing our luck the exam board will trick us and put on what they put on last june.

ReputationRep:
    do we need to know loads of little specific details, or just have a general idea of what happened in the three sections and relate that to information in the sources??

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to learn some specific details, but it's really difficult. Especially having not been taught them since September and having triple science to worry about too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah_banana)
    Thanx does that include anglo saxon or is it jst from 1066-1500?
    I believe so yes.

For medicine the likelyhood is that it will be on Public Health or the Black Death.

I heard that Crime and Punishment could be on something like Robin Hood but that in only like a 10% certainty.

ReputationRep:
    for crime and punishment i hope they dont do something on islam or the role of women coz we never learnt that at all! not much revision is needed its mainly exam tecnique and skills..... right?

ReputationRep:
    You've got to learn the information and back it up with facts. I'm mainly learning the facts.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest you dont need to know a lot of historical facts, because its a source paper. Obviously you do need to know about the stuff but its no way like paper 1 and cold war etc.

ReputationRep:
    Think of it this way if you want a C or a B you have general knowledge of the era and back your statements up with it.

For an A or A* you have the facts and all of the facts which you put into practice.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.