The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

vin
Who is that sekoj person :curious:

A friend of mine who isn't on TSR.
I also got an email from AP saying I had a comment but there was nothing :emo:

I keep on getting this. :rolleyes: Aiko just leave the friggin' comment and stop fretting!

Matisse
I'm willing to wager that there's an infinitely larger group of people that would rate it higher. In any case, I was referring to your list in its entirely, not this series specifically.

You win this time.

Liquidus Zeromus
Blood vendetta time :ninja:

Am I ruined for marriage? :sad:

Liquidus Zeromus
By your average ratings you seem to have very high standards... but what didn't you like so much about SAC or Death Note? :indiff:

As I said to Aiko before, ratings are more of a personal thing than anything serious. I mean, it's obvious there's not one grand metric for rating: it differs between people. Most things I rate highly are because I find the themes to have some relevance to my life or it was just that enjoyable. I'm (mostly) not doing it out of spite, it's just what I like and what I don't like.

For Death Note I stopped after that guy went away, it was on my stagnant watching list for a long time. I knew what was going to happen so I never felt the need to continue.

For SAC, I think it's the lengthy dialogues which badly needed terseness and restraint; I'm not much of a fan of action, either. Don't get me wrong, there was an element of enjoyment there: I liked some individual episodes, I'm receptive to the setting (the movie is great), and it did make me read The Catcher in the Rye; but, all in all, I don't hold it in esteem.

I don't hate them (some I do, however), so I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to others.
vin
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1087952
this thread made me lol for 5 minutes because it reminded me of the time biker bitch and I were loling in a library for like an hour because there was a guy wearing a jumper that way and biker bitch was making jokes about coming from the country club in a posh voice :teehee:

:mmm:
Reply 5462
AsakuraMinamiFan
I keep on getting this. :rolleyes: Aiko just leave the friggin' comment and stop fretting!

I will leave a comment when and if it suits me. And I'm certainly not fretting, so I'm unsure how you came to that conclusion.

You win this time.

Win? :erm:
Matisse
I will leave a comment when and if it suits me. And I'm certainly not fretting, so I'm unsure how you came to that conclusion.

Sorry, bad choice of word. I don't mean to force you to post, it's just that I will forever live wondering what it was you said. :p: Win as in "I stand corrected".
Matisse

A hug. :hugs:

How're you Aiko?
Can anyone remember that green dancing sponge avatar I had a year ago? :erm:
AsakuraMinamiFan

Am I ruined for marriage? :sad:

You do have redeeming qualities so it depends - I'm pretty open minded and wouldn't mind watching some of your completely alien shows so we might still get along :laugh:

As I said to Aiko before, ratings are more of a personal thing than anything serious. I mean, it's obvious there's not one grand metric for rating: it differs between people. Most things I rate highly are because I find the themes to have some relevance to my life or it was just that enjoyable. I'm (mostly) not doing it out of spite, it's just what I like and what I don't like.

For Death Note I stopped after that guy went away, it was on my stagnant watching list for a long time. I knew what was going to happen so I never felt the need to continue.

For SAC, I think it's the lengthy dialogues which badly needed terseness and restraint; I'm not much of a fan of action, either. Don't get me wrong, there was an element of enjoyment there: I liked some individual episodes, I'm receptive to the setting (the movie is great), and it did make me read The Catcher in the Rye; but, all in all, I don't hold it in esteem.

I don't hate them (some I do, however), so I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to others.

I see... I do tend to rate shows with the most relevance to my life and feelings higher, but I can understand from other perspectives and put myself in the lives of characters who are nothing like me. Standalone Complex appeals to my views of the future, amongst other things. It's really well done.

That event in Death Note did not stop me from watching it... there is continuity after that person, I don't believe that person's death ended the spirit of it all.

I like tense action. It puts you on edge and illustrates how serious something is... although feelings are hard to explain. :p: It also has to involve death at some stage and not cop out in most instances. No, violence isn't always appropriate but a lack of it makes me feel something is missing.

You're forgiven :laugh:
Hi Kag :hi:
Reply 5468
Spoiler Zero! :facepalm:
Liquidus Zeromus
Hi Kag :hi:

Hi Alex. :h: How're you?
Oh yeah... spoilers :erm: Thanks for pointing that out.

Mirror's Edge is an awesome game. :yes:
Kagutsuchi
Hi Alex. :h: How're you?

Ok I guess.. although I still have some work to do. You?
Kagutsuchi

Mirror's Edge is an awesome game. :yes:

Oh yes. I was thinking of getting it. How long is it? Is it value for money?
Liquidus Zeromus
You're forgiven :laugh:

Phew, it seems I managed to annoy a lot of people. :frown: I wish I'd never voted on anything now, to be honest.

The incident in Death Note was interesting. I recall one anime forum completely exploding while it was airing and then exploding again at the ending of the series.
Reply 5475
Kagutsuchi
Can anyone remember that green dancing sponge avatar I had a year ago? :erm:

yes:proud:
AsakuraMinamiFan
Phew, it seems I managed to annoy a lot of people. :frown: I wish I'd never voted on anything now, to be honest.

The incident in Death Note was interesting. I recall one anime forum completely exploding while it was airing and then exploding again at the ending of the series.

You can still remove your vote or change it :mmm:

I wasn't very struck back by it that event, but maybe that's because I supported Light's goals all the way through.
Reply 5477
Light :drool:
Liquidus Zeromus
Ok I guess.. although I still have some work to do. You?

Not bad. Still ill. Reading One Piece. :h:
Liquidus Zeromus
I wasn't very struck back by it that event, but maybe that's because I supported Light's goals all the way through.

(I was talking about /a/, by the way.) I've read the manga, so I knew what was coming. Just wanted to see how they executed it. (Unintentional pun!)

Latest