The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

uni4med
do you live in the lincolnshire area?

Nope. I live in central London hence I was able to apply for the Kings EMDP course. :wink:
Reply 41
!Dermeister!
Nope. I live in central London hence I was able to apply for the Kings EMDP course. :wink:

i thought you had to live in the lincs/notts area to apply for the health science at lincoln :s-smilie:
Reply 42
KopCat
Told you, you would get an interview mate if all goes well and get an offer are you going to firm it or insurance it ?

I'm not sure what my choices will be to be honest.
uni4med
i thought you had to live in the lincs/notts area to apply for the health science at lincoln :s-smilie:

I think you're referring to one of the non-academic criteria which is that you have a genuine reason why you need to study in Loncolnshire/Nottinghamshire area due to family or work commitments. but again its just one of the criteria that you have to meet. The list they gave on their website is not exhaustive as well. You only need to meet at least 2.

Here's their FAQ: http://www.lincoln.ac.uk/fabs/_courses/undergraduate/health_science/Definitions_and_FAQ.pdf

Hope that helps. :smile:
Does anyone have an interview for A104 UEA next week?
Reply 45
yep me :smile: ive got it on the 11th march , whenz urz ?
Reply 46
Chunky_thing
Does anyone have an interview for A104 UEA next week?

Yup I got mine on Thursday the 11th :woo:
sid2009
yep me :smile: ive got it on the 11th march , whenz urz ?

eskamulia
Yup I got mine on Thursday the 11th

Hey guys! Same! i'm taking a train tomorrow.
Mine's at 2:50

Good luck. Or maybe not!... Nah, Good luck:p:
Reply 48
hey thats when my interview is ! and yeah i am getting the train tomoro too !
Reply 49
hey thats when me interview is too ! and yea im getting there tomro too !
sid2009

Looking forward to meeting you sid,
I'll be the Chinese guy with a really boring suit on.:yep:
sid2009

Hey, it's quite weird to think that while i'm typing, you're still on a train...
Anyway, with more time to think about the interview,
How'dya feel about it?
Reply 52
masriya
Hi All,

Im applying to the following Widening Access to medical school schemes

UEA A104
Soton - BM6
Lincoln B790
Bradford clinical science (year 0)

I just wanted to know, those who got accepted/interviews from them last year, around when do they start giving interviews out? I sent my application off on the 3rd October and only received a confirmation of application by UEA via email.

Also, a bit of a more personal note, what grades (UKCAT, GCSE, ALevels) did u have in order to be successful.

HELP!
thanks in advance

:smile:

PM me i do clinical sciences
Reply 53
This thread seems to have died :frown:

Would be great to know how everyone who has applied is doing. This is what happened to me during the application process.....

Manchester - Interview - Offer
Sheffield - Interview - Offer
East Anglia - Interview - unsuccessful
Keele - Interview - Withdrew application before interview

After worrying so much much about the lack of application info about this course and stressing over whether I had any chance of even getting an interview things have worked out brilliantly. Am edging towards Sheffield, anyone else have an offer from Sheffield?

cheers

Joe
I have an offer from Soton for BM6!

(http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=367930376539&ref=ts <- this is the facebook group for it :P)

It's been really tough this year, a lot of first class students getting rejected...
Reply 55
I'm thinking about applying next year for 2011 entry for two 6 year Medicine courses with foundation year at Southampton and Kings (EMDP). Any tips/advice would appreciated from offer holders, what could I do to improve my application ?
Reply 56
CovJoe
This thread seems to have died :frown:

Would be great to know how everyone who has applied is doing. This is what happened to me during the application process.....

Manchester - Interview - Offer
Sheffield - Interview - Offer
East Anglia - Interview - unsuccessful
Keele - Interview - Withdrew application before interview

After worrying so much much about the lack of application info about this course and stressing over whether I had any chance of even getting an interview things have worked out brilliantly. Am edging towards Sheffield, anyone else have an offer from Sheffield?

cheers

Joe

i got sheffield and manchester offers too, im edging towards manchester.
Reply 57
admflx

Hey mate how did your bristol interview go?
Reply 58
admflx

Congrats on your offers! :biggrin: what is it that is swaying you towards Manchester? Have you visited the two universities yet, It isn't great that neither offer a post offer open day! :s-smilie:

What do you make of the course structure change at Manchester?
Reply 59
KopCat
Hey mate how did your bristol interview go?

Went okay, but I think my lack of enthusiasm for the place was visible.

Latest

Trending

Trending