The Student Room Group

Edexcel C3 Jun 05 - How Did It Go?

How Did You Guys Find The C3 Paper 2day?
(this Is Early Because I Wanted 2 B Z First Person On Z Thread Muwahahaha)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
was ok...sum tings were dodge...that trig q took me bit of time...i was a bit flustered so i just kept fudging it up
Reply 2
did u get root 52 for R and .588 for alpha??
Reply 3
Tough paper. yep its root 52 and alpha is 0.588.

For the last q, i can remember 14 years. And the graphing modulus thing is like a W shape.

hmm, for no.1 the trig question, there are 3 solutions, and one of them is 0. That's all I can remember =o
TheWolf
Tough paper. yep its root 52 and alpha is 0.588.

For the last q, i can remember 14 years. And the graphing modulus thing is like a W shape.

hmm, for no.1 the trig question, there are 3 solutions, and one of them is 0. That's all I can remember =o

yes I got the exact same answers as you on all of those question!!!! :biggrin::biggrin:, makes me feel good to know that at least lol

Could you do part 5d though? I really couldn't, it was the last part of that √52 question that asked you to hence solve something

A good paper imo however, I made a couple of stupid mistake, but i so far only can think of 8 marks that I lost (possibly 11)
Reply 5
meh i did really badly on that test, i was only confident on about half the questions, think i might quite a few silly mistakes :frown:
Reply 6
theisticandy
yes I got the exact same answers as you on all of those question!!!! :biggrin::biggrin:, makes me feel good to know that at least lol

Could you do part 5d though? I really couldn't, it was the last part of that √52 question that asked you to hence solve something

A good paper imo however, I made a couple of stupid mistake, but i so far only can think of 8 marks that I lost (possibly 11)

part d was tough, i had to substitute the R equation = 3. I think thats what you do anyways =o

couldnt do the last question (1mark q)
Reply 7
2.12 radians for the long trig question (as well as 0 and pi)
Reply 8
For that 5 part d, I used all of the answers to the previous questions and substituted them into the equation it gave you. So you got something like (8 = theta, V = root) cos8 (V52 sin(8-0.588) - 3) = 0.

Therefore, cos8 = 0 or the bit in the brackets = 0

Yeah i also got 0, pi (which is 1.something radians) and 2.12 radians
Reply 9
what did people get for the question with the graph where you had to find the coordinate values of a and b?
Reply 10
For one of the q you have to find when [modulus(x-1) -2] intersects 5x

it would only intersect with -(x-1) -2

so its -x + 1 -2 = 5x

6x = -1
x = -1/6

i cant remember the q totally correctly, so this might be wrong
Reply 11
I got -1 and -2, dunno if that's right tho
Reply 12
b=-1 and a =-2
Reply 13
TheWolf
For one of the q you have to find when [modulus(x-1) -2] intersects 5x

it would only intersect with -(x-1) -2

so its -x + 1 -2 = 5x

6x = -1
x = -1/6

i cant remember the q totally correctly, so this might be wrong

I believe that is correct :smile:
Reply 14
pretty hard I thought, missed out the last two parts on the modulus question and I couldn't do the 1 mark proof question on Q7, think I managed a B though.
Reply 15
I got the same as TheWolf

For the graph question (draw y=f(|x|)

Did anyone get it like this: http://img132.echo.cx/my.php?image=untitled5yo1.jpg
Reply 16
Nope. hmmm I got a W shape?
Reply 17
For the last question proof I did

2x3e^x = 1

2x = 1/(3e^x)
2x = 1/3e^-x
x = 1/6e^-x

Was this correct for 1 mark?

(x = alpha)
Reply 18
SunGod87
I got the same as TheWolf

For the graph question (draw y=f(|x|)

Did anyone get it like this: http://img132.echo.cx/my.php?image=untitled5yo1.jpg

I got the graph as a W shape. (where line of symmetry is y axis)
Reply 19
Oh actually you lot are right, reflect in the y axis. Damn :tongue:

Latest