The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
mackin boi
no i think dnt worri becos the question asked which prods of non cyc are used in ld rxn so ur rite i fink

I thought it just asked for the products made by the light-dependent reaction?
Reply 81
Good good that's what i was hoping!! :biggrin:
unit 4 essay question was filllllthhhhhh !!!!
w8 correction the ld rxn is the non cyc so the prds were for the lind rxn so not o2
neway we gots bigger fish to fry on friday
Ellie4
I thought it just asked for the products made by the light-dependent reaction?

Yeah, it asked for the products, but only those to be used in the light-independent reaction, and im sure if specified "two products", no you didn't have to write O2 :biggrin:
Reply 86
w8 correction the ld rxn is the non cyc so the prds were for the lind rxn so not o2

Sorry could you say that in English please?!
Reply 87
mackin boi

It was def the products on light dependent reaction. I put O2, but I said in brackets it was a waste product anyway, and only ATP and NADPH were used in the Calvin cycle.
what were the roles of RUBP?
I said accepts CO2 to form GP and so the cycle can continue?
darkenergy

I stated it let carbohydrates/ products form then kinda described the cycle a lot... hmm... oops
Reply 90
Oh life i really think i messed that one up
I was like RuBP is a 5 carbon compound that catalyses the fixation of CO2 and then basically explained the LIR - before realising that it told you at the top about GP oops!! :blush:
Reply 91
darkenergy

That's what I said too :smile:
Reply 92
darkenergy

I put it fixes CO2 to carbohydrate for the plant. It then is regenerated allowing the Calvin cyle to continue to fix more CO2. Something like that anyway, similar to what you said.
w8 correction the ld rxn is the non cyc so the prds were for the lind rxn so not o2 .....
the prods used in the lite independent phase r nadph and atp
Reply 94
What is the similarity between nervous and hormonal coordination? I'm sure I used to know that.
Reply 95
I said its transported in the phloem, as it is an organic substance.

Also, do you guys think it would ok if I said that transpiration was defined as movement of water in a plant from the roots to the leaves down a water potential, and thereby the movement of water from root to leaf through osmosis.

For the changes in transpiration rate, I said the water content of the soil would differ each day, and I also squeezed in at the end that leaf abcission is occuring, therefore on each sebsequent day there would be less leaves left from which water would be lost by evapotranspiration. I also said it might be due to different levels of absisic acid on each day would be present and therefore causing different extents of stomatal closure. I'm pretty sure I have lost a lot of marks here.

one more thing; the role cellulase - producing bacteria in ruminants - was it right to say they digest the cellulose taken in by the ruminant into glucose, and then break down the glucose into metahne, CO2 and fatty acids? The fatty acids can then be absorbed through the gut wall of the ruminant?

I personally found that I was stretched for time but it went better than I thought it would.
Reply 96
Ramaya
What is the similarity between nervous and hormonal coordination? I'm sure I used to know that.

Lol. I wrote so a load of crap for that q! It was only one mark right?
Reply 97
Ellie4
Lol. I wrote so a load of crap for that q! It was only one mark right?

yep just 1 mark yet 3 lines! I left it right to the end and then made something up. I'm sure I used to know the answer though (annoying!!).
Reply 98
Nervous and hormonal control!?!??!? :eek:
Please tell me that that's Human Bio or Unit 4!!!
Please!!!!!
Reply 99
Bekaboo
Nervous and hormonal control!?!??!? :eek:
Please tell me that that's Human Bio or Unit 4!!!
Please!!!!!

Unit 4 :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending