Turn on thread page Beta

Edexcel Physics- How did ya find it? watch

ReputationRep:
    How did u guys find the physics paper?

I found it pretty easy,,

ReputationRep:
    I done alrite in the paper. I took foundation paper and i just wanted to know what mark would be given if i got 35/90? Pls can someone give me an estimate of the result.

Thanx!

ReputationRep:
    I did higher, and found it quite hard...

ReputationRep:
    I found it quite tough too, especially the five mark question on generators :/ Hopefully I can get at least 70/90
    Does anyone know the grade bounderies for physics ?

ReputationRep:
    The 2003 ones are on the Edexcel site, I think.

ReputationRep:
    35/90! wud that be a D or a C?

ReputationRep:
    35/90 would be a low D or E for a foundation paper :\ sorry!

ReputationRep:
    I did higher and found it very hard lol. I wrote about power stations for the generator one, not specifically about generators. I really hope I do well enough to get an A seeing as I think I did well in bio and chem. I messed up a few equations and I put 0.04 for the Bequerel Q when it was actually 25. Bummer. Well anyways yeah I thought it was hard, but then I hate physics and find everything hard, so it could've been worse.

ReputationRep:
    eeeasy :cool:
    did anyone manage the last question?

ReputationRep:
    I found it hard especially the generator question and the bouncing ball one... It wasn't as bad as i expected it to be though...

ReputationRep:
    what out of 90 would be a C then? for a physics foundation paper! pls give me an estimate Jay or anyone!

Thanx!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StriatedCentipe)
    eeeasy :cool:
    did anyone manage the last question?
    Yeh the last question was simple. All you needed to know was :-
    1/2mv*2 = mgh

ReputationRep:
    The paper overall was easy in the last question u had to use kE = 1/2mv^2 and make v the subject which gives v as 5.477.... which is ca. 5.5m/s

the question was quite good cause they gave us the answer and we had 2 work towards it - it means that we know the previous answers are correct as well.

im pretty sure the A* boundary will be quite high this time cause the paper wasnt too difficult. last year it was around 80% so i think itll be somewhere around 83-85% which hopefully ive got.

ReputationRep:
    ah well...we all tried our best...

does anyone know wot the percentage is to get a B, A or an A* in science HIGHER....EDEXCEL......overall

that question on the plates was hard..our teacher never tought us on that!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by singh01)
    The paper overall was easy in the last question u had to use kE = 1/2mv^2 and make v the subject which gives v as 5.477.... which is ca. 5.5m/s

the question was quite good cause they gave us the answer and we had 2 work towards it - it means that we know the previous answers are correct as well.

im pretty sure the A* boundary will be quite high this time cause the paper wasnt too difficult. last year it was around 80% so i think itll be somewhere around 83-85% which hopefully ive got.
    Can someone please tell me the actual answers for the last page. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I'd say that A* is 77 or above, A is 63-77, B is 53-63 and C is 42-53

ReputationRep:
    im really sad about the last page. I got 3J for the first bit but I'm quite sure its wrong, my friend got 3000 - I think I didn't change the time to minutes because I did use the right formula. What was the answer????

ReputationRep:
    3J

Dunno where 3000J came from! Maybe your friend converted Kg to g when she should've left it as Kg?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by singh01)
    Wow, I actaully did that right then I think.

I took higher, and found it just as hard as I had expected, as I am useless at Physics anyway.

ReputationRep:
    what did u guys get for the number of coils, in one of them?- i think transformer q.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.