The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I done alrite in the paper. I took foundation paper and i just wanted to know what mark would be given if i got 35/90? Pls can someone give me an estimate of the result.

Thanx!
Reply 2
I did higher, and found it quite hard...
Reply 3
I found it quite tough too, especially the five mark question on generators :/ Hopefully I can get at least 70/90
Does anyone know the grade bounderies for physics ?
Reply 4
The 2003 ones are on the Edexcel site, I think.
Reply 5
35/90! wud that be a D or a C?
Reply 6
35/90 would be a low D or E for a foundation paper :\ sorry!
Reply 7
I did higher and found it very hard lol. I wrote about power stations for the generator one, not specifically about generators. I really hope I do well enough to get an A seeing as I think I did well in bio and chem. I messed up a few equations and I put 0.04 for the Bequerel Q when it was actually 25. Bummer. Well anyways yeah I thought it was hard, but then I hate physics and find everything hard, so it could've been worse.
eeeasy :cool:
did anyone manage the last question?
Reply 9
I found it hard especially the generator question and the bouncing ball one... It wasn't as bad as i expected it to be though...
Reply 10
what out of 90 would be a C then? for a physics foundation paper! pls give me an estimate Jay or anyone!

Thanx!
Reply 11
StriatedCentipe
eeeasy :cool:
did anyone manage the last question?

Yeh the last question was simple. All you needed to know was :-
1/2mv*2 = mgh
Reply 12
The paper overall was easy in the last question u had to use kE = 1/2mv^2 and make v the subject which gives v as 5.477.... which is ca. 5.5m/s

the question was quite good cause they gave us the answer and we had 2 work towards it - it means that we know the previous answers are correct as well.

im pretty sure the A* boundary will be quite high this time cause the paper wasnt too difficult. last year it was around 80% so i think itll be somewhere around 83-85% which hopefully ive got.
Reply 13
ah well...we all tried our best...

does anyone know wot the percentage is to get a B, A or an A* in science HIGHER....EDEXCEL......overall

that question on the plates was hard..our teacher never tought us on that!!!
singh01
The paper overall was easy in the last question u had to use kE = 1/2mv^2 and make v the subject which gives v as 5.477.... which is ca. 5.5m/s

the question was quite good cause they gave us the answer and we had 2 work towards it - it means that we know the previous answers are correct as well.

im pretty sure the A* boundary will be quite high this time cause the paper wasnt too difficult. last year it was around 80% so i think itll be somewhere around 83-85% which hopefully ive got.

Can someone please tell me the actual answers for the last page. Thanks!
I'd say that A* is 77 or above, A is 63-77, B is 53-63 and C is 42-53
im really sad about the last page. I got 3J for the first bit but I'm quite sure its wrong, my friend got 3000 - I think I didn't change the time to minutes because I did use the right formula. What was the answer????
3J

Dunno where 3000J came from! Maybe your friend converted Kg to g when she should've left it as Kg?
singh01

Wow, I actaully did that right then I think.

I took higher, and found it just as hard as I had expected, as I am useless at Physics anyway.
Reply 19
what did u guys get for the number of coils, in one of them?- i think transformer q.

Latest