The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Same thing happened at Brighton station on Thursday (When London was bombed), it turned out to be a load of papers :rolleyes: The police are being extra vigilant though after Thursday, there were loads of police at Brighton station again this morning.
Reply 2
As far as I am aware this is old news, the suit case turned out to be nothing and a controled explosion was carried out.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/4667713.stm

I am told its all clear now and it was a total false alarm.
Reply 3
****ing hell I really don't like this at all.
Reply 4
They kicked us all off the tram I was on at Victoria
Reply 5
As I said everything is normal now in Manchester city centre, and if anybody says any different its just scare mongering.

Of course people are more aware but apart from that we are just carrying on as normal.
Reply 6
AT82
As far as I am aware this is old news, the suit case turned out to be nothing and a controled explosion was carried out.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/4667713.stm

I am told its all clear now and it was a total false alarm.

If the suitcase wasn't a bomb how could it be exploded? :confused:
This is really scary, everywhere is so jumpy, I really hope nothing else actually does happen now :frown: I suppose it's just because everyone is on such high alert etc, which is good but it's enough to scare you to death!
pikaboo

they put explosives next to it so if it is a bomb, it wil explode
pikaboo

I was just thinking that :eek:

Weird....if it was a controlled explosion does that mean they just explode something to be safe regardless of whether they know it's a bomb? :confused: If so, the owner of the suitcase wont be best pleased :eek: :p:

I hope it wasn't a bomb! :eek: too scary! :frown:
Reply 10
Cities have bomb scares all the time. I've been evacuated from Picadilly several times. It's not that surprising, calm down!

The coolest thing I've ever seen was when I was sat in Cathedral gardens reading a book and they evacuated market street/arndale centre when it was absolutely packed. I just sat and watched as this mass of people fast paced past, I thought the wall of people was never going to stop!
Reply 11
MorbidAngel

Ah thanks, I didn't know how they did it!
Reply 12
shortysally
I was just thinking that :eek:

Weird....if it was a controlled explosion does that mean they just explode something to be safe regardless of whether they know it's a bomb? :confused: If so, the owner of the suitcase wont be best pleased :eek: :p:

I hope it wasn't a bomb! :eek: too scary! :frown:

Yeah they blow people's luggage up all the time, it's fair game, this is why they always warn you to keep your luggage close in stations/airports, if you don't they will blow it up.
Reply 13
MorbidAngel

Yep, its known as a controlled explosion, if the bomb did go off nobody would be in the area so it would cause physical damage but no deaths.

I agree this is not a big deal, its not even in the main headlines on the BBC Manchester site.
homoterror
Yeah they blow people's luggage up all the time, it's fair game, this is why they always warn you to keep your luggage close in stations/airports, if you don't they will blow it up.

Haha! Serves you right if you leave your luggage I suppose! Better to be safe than sorry :smile:

Glad the bomb scared turned out to be a false alarm anyhoo :smile:
Reply 15
There was a similar incident that happend in the west as well. There was a suspected package left on a train. In addition, in town, there was a suspected package left in the bank, and parts of town has been sealed off. Both of those incidents are false alarm.
same with bournemouth also... loads of police around... :frown:
Reply 17
Yeah, in Liverpool, people were warned not to go into the town centre. And my mum's workplace (the Royal Hospital) was put on high alert. I'm not really worried, although being honest, I think after London, the most likely place to be targeted would be Liverpool. It's a very famous city, probably the second most famous in the UK, what with The Beatles and everything, and now the Capital of Culture City, so that kind of scares me. I reckon if it wasn't Liverpool it would be Manchester, as Manchester too, is rather well-known and important.

Latest

Trending

Trending