The Student Room Group

Why would he do this?

We had spoken everyday for over a month, then he's just stopped responding. He said he'd had a busy couple of days last Sunday and he would get back to me when he gets a chance...and I've heard nothing. Why would he put that much effort in to do that?
Reply 1
Have you tried contacting him?
He decided that he's not that into you.
He had more then enough time to get back to you by now.
Reply 3
Original post by Surnia
Have you tried contacting him?

Yeah I responded to his message saying he’s been busy, but he hasn’t even opened it.
Reply 4
Original post by nonchalant-
He decided that he's not that into you.
He had more then enough time to get back to you by now.

Thanks, I think the harsh reality has set in. Just pretty confusing when he was the one pursuing hard 🥲
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah I responded to his message saying he’s been busy, but he hasn’t even opened it.

And I potentially could have pushed more, but he knew I’d responded and since posted a lot of stories. So he’s choosing not to reply - and I thought it would make me look desperate, keep checking in.
Thanks, I think the harsh reality has set in. Just pretty confusing when he was the one pursuing hard 🥲

Was he love bombing you?
Reply 7
Original post by nonchalant-
Was he love bombing you?

I don’t know if I would class it as love bombing? I’m not sure on the definition. But he’d ask if he needed to be worried about other guys and kept saying things like ‘I’m too good to fall into the wrong hands’, which is nice to hear as I thought he cared but maybe it was a red flag?
Reply 8
Bullet dodged I'd say!
Reply 9
I can't be doing with people that are on and off/blow hot and cold.

Don't waste another second on him.
Move on.
Reply 10
Original post by Cote1

Move on.

Exactly the one who likes you won't mess you around.
Reply 11
Original post by Cote1

Move on.

Original post by Scotney
Exactly the one who likes you won't mess you around.

Thank you both, this means a lot and you’re right. I wish I could just switch off from it, I think I get attached quite easily 😭
Reply 12
We had spoken everyday for over a month, then he's just stopped responding. He said he'd had a busy couple of days last Sunday and he would get back to me when he gets a chance...and I've heard nothing. Why would he put that much effort in to do that?

I have encountered a similar situation aswell. I say these kinda men are usually afraid of commitment. They are scared of being attached and thus remove themselves from places like this. My personal advice would be to not reach out or chase, that ego boost will be too much for him and he will keep repeating it. Remove yourself from there. If he comes, take the closure or see how the situation is and what excuses he gives and then respond accordingly. Also to add here, do not depend your entire life on him, do not act like it affects you in the slightest, live your life like the way it was before he was there! hope that helps girlie, take care!
Reply 13
Original post by ft.mahaaa
I have encountered a similar situation aswell. I say these kinda men are usually afraid of commitment. They are scared of being attached and thus remove themselves from places like this. My personal advice would be to not reach out or chase, that ego boost will be too much for him and he will keep repeating it. Remove yourself from there. If he comes, take the closure or see how the situation is and what excuses he gives and then respond accordingly. Also to add here, do not depend your entire life on him, do not act like it affects you in the slightest, live your life like the way it was before he was there! hope that helps girlie, take care!

Thank you, I appreciate this 🥺

Unfortunately I’ve been in a few situations like this now and in the past I’ve chased, but I have no effort left. I feel like I won’t hear anything from him, as it’s now been a week and I’m not sure what he would say.

I don’t know what it is, but I do always seem to attract guys like this, when all I’ve got is love to give. But I’m doing my best to carry on and keep other aspects of my life going, as I’ve made that mistake before.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending