The Student Room Group

I'm predicted A*BCD - which uni courses can accept me?

Hi I'm in y13 and I've been given my predicted grade for all my subjects: A*= Italian
B= psychology
C= chemistry
D=Biology

I'm really worried because I want to apply to optometry near Manchester and I don't think there are any unis that will accept me with these grades. I have no experience in the opt field so I don't know if it's competitive or if they will let me in with these grades and I'm scared I will end up doing a gap year. Maybe I'm overthinking it but I don't know. If there are any other courses that I can apply to with these grades please let me know.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 1
Optometry is competitive and they look for at least 2 good science grades. Looking at Manchester, they want AAA or AAB including 2 sciences from Maths Chemistry, Biology, Physics.
so do i have no chance of doing it?
Original post by laibaanhsaudhyi
so do i have no chance of doing it?

As above, optom courses require fairly high grades. Do you think you can improve your science grades? If so, plan a gap year and apply with achieved grades. Have you thought about dropping chem or biology so that you can focus on getting better grades in just three A levels (which is what unis ask for)?
Original post by normaw
As above, optom courses require fairly high grades. Do you think you can improve your science grades? If so, plan a gap year and apply with achieved grades. Have you thought about dropping chem or biology so that you can focus on getting better grades in just three A levels (which is what unis ask for)?

I think I can improve my science grades as last year I didn't take my studies seriously (I am ashamed of that) and I'm opting to apply for a foundation year at MMU rather than a gap year as I will still be gaining scientific info as well as maybe working part-time as a optometrist assistant. I can't drop chem or bio as they are compulsory as Italian is a extracurricular activity because I already speak Italian so they let me take the A-level for it. Thank you for the advices
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest