The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
K.

But make sure you stay the hell away from seductive middle-aged women (unless they're your thing :s-smilie:)
Reply 2
nice one.

With any luck this'll be me in 12 months time :/
Reply 3
Getting the degree is nice, but why can't it just come via Royal Mail? I hate a big fuss and thats what I am getting tomorrow :frown:
Mr. Fox
K.

But make sure you stay the hell away from seductive middle-aged women (unless they're your thing :s-smilie:)

goood movie. :cool:

CONGRATS!
good luck mate :biggrin:
Reply 6
It'll be dull. You'll have to sit for hours and clap as everyone else goes up, mine went on for hours :hmpf: Just try not to fall over when you go up :p:
Reply 7
Ditzy
It'll be dull. You'll have to sit for hours and clap as everyone else goes up, mine went on for hours :hmpf: Just try not to fall over when you go up :p:

Hopefully if I am with my friends it won't be so bad. We will probably just start talking half way through it :biggrin: (we are not that rude though :smile: ).

Falling over is what I am best at :frown: So its going to be hard not to in the wearing that crappy stuff in the mad heat.
Reply 8
AT82
Hopefully if I am with my friends it won't be so bad. We will probably just start talking half way through it :biggrin: (we are not that rude though :smile: ).

Falling over is what I am best at :frown: So its going to be hard not to in the wearing that crappy stuff in the mad heat.

I just want to say one word to you... just one word. :p:
the graduating seniors at my school this year started throwing a beach ball around 'cause they were so bored :p:
Reply 10
do you know what class of degree you've got AT?

And congrats on surviving sooo flippin long in education!! :party:
Just hope it isn't too hot! Just think how much fun you'll have with an hour of solid clapping, speeches, 'life-advice', robes, pointy hats, official charters and procedures, AND 30°C!

Oh my..let's hope they have the air-con turned on in 4 years time!
Reply 12
Saffie
do you know what class of degree you've got AT?

And congrats on surviving sooo flippin long in education!! :party:

Thanks I have got a 2:1, I have also found out today that only 25 out of the original 96 will be graduating due to the fact 24 students have been done for cheating.

Jim it should be fully air conditoned as its at the Lowry in Salford, its a newish venue and its very high profile.
AT82
I am sort of dreading it as the whole thing seems like such a big fuss.

I guess now I will be the Graduate though. A good excuse to play Simon and Garfunkel :biggrin:

congrats!
Reply 14
AT82
Thanks I have got a 2:1, I have also found out today that only 25 out of the original 96 will be graduating due to the fact 24 students have been done for cheating.

Jim it should be fully air conditoned as its at the Lowry in Salford, its a newish venue and its very high profile.

huh so only 25 of you at this ceremony?? :confused: (not counting proud families)

What a dishonest bunch at your uni!
Reply 15
AT82

I guess now I will be the Graduate though. A good excuse to play Simon and Garfunkel :biggrin:

Good luck, u'll b alrite. Congratulations.
Reply 16
AT82

You'll be sat in the order you're going to be called up in (probably alphabetical) Seriously, don't talk though, give everyone the sort of curtesy you expect yourself. You wouldn't like it if everyone was talking during your big moment :p:
Reply 17
Saffie
huh so only 25 of you at this ceremony?? :confused: (not counting proud families)

What a dishonest bunch at your uni!

No just 25 from my course, there will be a lot more from other science courses graduating. 24 students decided to use this website which automaticaly calcualted the huffman code and entity for a message. It was fairly complex, we were all panicing about it, but 24 decided to cheat.

Also some students joined later on, so I reckon 40 people will be graduating from my course. Still its very depressing.

Normaly you would be chucked out for good for that but becuase so many people did the same thing they decided to give them the option of resitting it.

PS Ditzy I know I was only joking, I will not be talking during the thing.
Reply 18
AT82

Just enjoy it :smile:

Congratulations by the way :smile:
Reply 19
Well done on getting a 2:1 btw (i forgot to say that before)

It'll be good, the fuss is just 'cause people are pleased for you all!

Latest