The Student Room Group

Graduation alone

I have my graduation tomorrow and I'm nervous because I don't have any friends or acquaintance there, so feel like I will be alone. My family is attending, but I feel like I will look weird standing the graduation line alone, or having no-one to take a picture with (except family).
Original post by Anonymous
I have my graduation tomorrow and I'm nervous because I don't have any friends or acquaintance there, so feel like I will be alone. My family is attending, but I feel like I will look weird standing the graduation line alone, or having no-one to take a picture with (except family).

Hey, I am sorry that you are feeling nervous about it.
Most people just go to graduation with their families, especially as friends may graduate on different days/years, so you will not be the only one.
I hope it is a nice sunny day for you too, and congratulations on graduating!
Evie (MSc Human Anatomy at UoS)
Original post by Anonymous

Hey,
Hope you have a great day at your graduation. Don't worry about not having others you know graduating with you.
I had mine last month and many of the people I had made friends with at uni were either on a differnt day or not graduating this year (staying on for a combined masters etc). Most people spend the day with their family and getting ready and everyone has different schedules based on when they choose to get gowns, photos, go for food/drinks etc.. Make the day work for you and try not to worry about others and what they are doing and instead try and relax and get the photos you want and have a day that is yours.
It is a day for celebrating all your hard work and congratulating your achievement. Try to live in the moment of the day because it will pass quickly.
Congratulations on graduating!
Catherine - University of Strathclyde Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending