The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'd get a job - but it would be good to not worry about money at uni, and to be able to buy a house straight away when I finnished.

And the money won't last forever :wink:
Reply 21
id go to uni, both for social aspect and to do a finance related course, find out about investment, save 3/4 of it and invest 1/4 (wich wud stillbe alot of money) and hopefully make longterm profits. then i wud go back to uni and eventually train to become a plastic surgeon. :biggrin:
Reply 22
yes.
Reply 23
I'd go to uni, if only to give myself something to do, as I get bored fast. Also find the idea of uni a good one. Afterwards I would get a interesting job, whatever that may be.
Reply 24
I'd still carry on with my education and perhaps do multiple degrees with the money - an education is the one thing money can't buy.
Unfortunately I don't have a lottery ticket and never ever intend to purchase one :smile:
Reply 25
Continue my education, so many life skills and important things to pick up through life, if I were to just stop suddenly and become a spendaholic (no doubt I'd spend loads even though I'd continue my education :p:), I'd be a bit odd personality-wise, perhaps not very communicative etc.

It might be fun being the "rich guy who doesn't need to bother with education" for a while, but it'll lose it's excitement eventually.
Reply 26
hell no! id quit everything and never do a days work in my life
Reply 27
I would deffo go to uni!!! I would invest all the money though of course, and just use it to help me with little things as i go through uni and my further career!
Reply 28
but then again the lottery is stupidity tax!
Reply 29
Definately Continue University.. With incredible Comfort :smile:
Reply 30
I would deffo go to uni and learn skills so that I can put my money to better use than I would otherwise.
Reply 31
Life is all about challenges, challenging yourself to do better physical/mentally/emotionally or a combination of the lot. Uni is a challenge I wanna complete whether I win the lottery or not.
Reply 32
i'd still carry on with my education.

whether i'd able to concentrate and focus would be interesting though. i suppose i could as i wouldnt want to fail something
I'd still go to education otherwise I'd never achieve my ambition careerwise. In fact, after gaining a job I'd probably go part-time or something after qualification and do something else with the money, perhaps studying part-time for different areas of discipline that are not covered by my career, such as Anglosaxon, Norse and Celtic studies etc.
Reply 34
ya i would carry on my education but will start my own business with the prize money after uni no reason of doing job as i will have enough capital:p:
Reply 35
I'd stay at uni and do a PhD and do everything i wanted without having to worry about funding or loans.
Reply 36
Definitely carry on, yes. :biggrin:
Yeahh I would carry on, I'd feel really evil just abandonning everyone I know, besides I find my subjects interesting..
Yes. I would get tremendously bored just sitting around staring at my trinkets.

And believe me, I know money does not buy happiness or fuffilment. But uni can give both.
Reply 39
yes, een if i was a multi millionnaire....life has got to have some purpose and order....i mean, lazing around in a mansion eating all day is going to get boring after a while:smile:

pk

Latest

Trending

Trending