Turn on thread page Beta

Would you carry on education if you won the lottery? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'd get a job - but it would be good to not worry about money at uni, and to be able to buy a house straight away when I finnished.

And the money won't last forever

ReputationRep:
    id go to uni, both for social aspect and to do a finance related course, find out about investment, save 3/4 of it and invest 1/4 (wich wud stillbe alot of money) and hopefully make longterm profits. then i wud go back to uni and eventually train to become a plastic surgeon.

ReputationRep:
    yes.

ReputationRep:
    I'd go to uni, if only to give myself something to do, as I get bored fast. Also find the idea of uni a good one. Afterwards I would get a interesting job, whatever that may be.

ReputationRep:
    I'd still carry on with my education and perhaps do multiple degrees with the money - an education is the one thing money can't buy.
    Unfortunately I don't have a lottery ticket and never ever intend to purchase one

ReputationRep:
    Continue my education, so many life skills and important things to pick up through life, if I were to just stop suddenly and become a spendaholic (no doubt I'd spend loads even though I'd continue my education :p:), I'd be a bit odd personality-wise, perhaps not very communicative etc.

It might be fun being the "rich guy who doesn't need to bother with education" for a while, but it'll lose it's excitement eventually.

ReputationRep:
    hell no! id quit everything and never do a days work in my life

ReputationRep:
    I would deffo go to uni!!! I would invest all the money though of course, and just use it to help me with little things as i go through uni and my further career!

ReputationRep:
    but then again the lottery is stupidity tax!

ReputationRep:
    Definately Continue University.. With incredible Comfort

ReputationRep:
    I would deffo go to uni and learn skills so that I can put my money to better use than I would otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    Life is all about challenges, challenging yourself to do better physical/mentally/emotionally or a combination of the lot. Uni is a challenge I wanna complete whether I win the lottery or not.

ReputationRep:
    i'd still carry on with my education.

whether i'd able to concentrate and focus would be interesting though. i suppose i could as i wouldnt want to fail something

ReputationRep:
    I'd still go to education otherwise I'd never achieve my ambition careerwise. In fact, after gaining a job I'd probably go part-time or something after qualification and do something else with the money, perhaps studying part-time for different areas of discipline that are not covered by my career, such as Anglosaxon, Norse and Celtic studies etc.

ReputationRep:
    ya i would carry on my education but will start my own business with the prize money after uni no reason of doing job as i will have enough capital:p:

ReputationRep:
    I'd stay at uni and do a PhD and do everything i wanted without having to worry about funding or loans.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely carry on, yes.

ReputationRep:
    Yeahh I would carry on, I'd feel really evil just abandonning everyone I know, besides I find my subjects interesting..

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I would get tremendously bored just sitting around staring at my trinkets.

And believe me, I know money does not buy happiness or fuffilment. But uni can give both.

ReputationRep:
    yes, een if i was a multi millionnaire....life has got to have some purpose and order....i mean, lazing around in a mansion eating all day is going to get boring after a while

pk

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2005
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.