The Student Room Group

What grades do I need for a good chance at getting into Uni?

I wan't to do a computing based subject in Uni (possibly networks) and I'm not too sure if my probable grades are good enough
Maths - I'm struggling but I could get C at A level with some luck. B would be pushing it MASSIVELY.
Business Studies - Total wildcard. I suck at exams but A is very possible if I get it right. Otherwise, B.
Computing - Any lower than an A will be the death of me.

The min maths requirement for the stuff i've been interested in is a B in GCSE (which I have). But most people seem to get offers for most subjects if they have A,B,B or better. A,B,C won't give me that much of a chance compared to others.

An A* in computing is very possible and I could push if there is great need. The Unis I'm thinking about are mainly in NE Englans but I am only first year so I haven't given it that much thought.
It depends entirely on the university. If you look at the universities in the North East area their websites will give you grade requirements for admission to their specific courses. University requirements can range from AAA-no formal qualifcations, so you'll have to have a bit of an investigation!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending