The Student Room Group

What if I get the grades but the unis I wanna go to didn't give me an offer

Is there any last minute call ups I can do to perhaps replace students who were offered conditional but didn't meet their final grade?
It depends on the uni and course you plan on pursuing. Unis with vacancies will go into Clearing and you can apply from there. Extra is going on right now, so if you want to apply for a course now would be a good time to peruse UCAS. Ideally, you'd phone up admissions on results day and ask them this. Not sure if they'd accept you without making you a conditional offer though, unless it was through Extra or Clearing. What degree are you planning to read?
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by micanpie
Is there any last minute call ups I can do to perhaps replace students who were offered conditional but didn't meet their final grade?

Look in clearing - all unis over-offer so they may have no spare places. DO NOT ring if they aren't in clearing.
Reply 3
Original post by sleep_supremacy
It depends on the uni and course you plan on pursuing. Unis with vacancies will go into Clearing and you can apply from there. Extra is going on right now, so if you want to apply for a course now would be a good time to peruse UCAS. Ideally, you'd phone up admissions on results day and ask them this. Not sure if they'd accept you without making you a conditional offer though, unless it was through Extra or Clearing. What degree are you planning to read?

NO, do not advise people to do this if the course isn't in clearing - it's a complete waste of time.
Original post by Muttley79
NO, do not advise people to do this if the course isn't in clearing - it's a complete waste of time.

Thanks for clarifying! :smile:

If a uni has rejected you it is highly unlikely they will take you. They have had the chance to make you a reach o9ffer but havent so for some reason dont think you are for them.

The reality is that very few students exceed grades and those that do it tends to be just by 1 grade. In previous 75% of students did not achieve their predicted grades so the chance of you suddenly getting higher is very low.

If your uni has rejected you because of grades you are either way below or in a very over subscribed uni which isnt going to have places in clearing.

Hey! Just to clarify, have you been declined by the universities you applied to already? As others have said extra is currently running but otherwise you will need to wait until clearing opens on July 5th as this is when universities will have a good idea of the places left on courses, many are already shut as well. This also depends on other factors as well and there isn't really a straight forward answer.

What course are you interested in studying out of interest?

- Luke
Hi there:smile:

Current Cardiff uni student here!

What are you thinking of study? At what uni? It can vary. I'f you've already been rejected then I think that it will come down to what grades you get and you can go through clearing.

If neither of those work for you then you could consider a gap year and re-apply next year.

Let me know if I can help with anything

Jaz - Cardiff Uni Ref
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by CardiffUni Rep
Hi there:smile:

Current Cardiff uni student here!

What are you thinking of study? At what uni? It can vary. I'f you've already been rejected then I think that it will come down to what grades you get and you can go through clearing, or if you get better than you expect, adjustment.

If neither of those work for you then you could consider a gap year and re-apply next year.

Let me know if I can help with anything

Jaz - Cardiff Uni Ref

Hey! Just a quick note that adjustment ended from 2022 entry :smile:

- Luke

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending