The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 1
I'm on 3 and have 2 flatmates who are on o2 and orange and we never have problems with signal.
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 2
JESSHOLMES
I'm on 3 and have 2 flatmates who are on o2 and orange and we never have problems with signal.

I couldn't get a phone signal for love nor money inside New Carnegia Court, but that was righ after the far corner ( diagonally opposite from where the office place is) but I think it was OK outside the building so maybe fine at the other side.

I lived in Burnett and signal was fine when I was on o2 and when I was on Orange
Reply 3
Orange are good. Although I went 20 minutes out of Aberdeen to a village and no-one could get a phone signal :woo:
Reply 4
I find orange absolutely USELESS (hardly any signal anywhere)
I had to switch from Virgin to o2 when I arrived cos I couldn't get a signal. No probs with o2 tho (just don't bother with their broadband, cos that doesn't work entirely well up here).
Reply 6
I wish I had enquired about this before I came up. I've always been with Vodafone and never had any problems whatsoever but I get terrible reception when I'm in Aberdeen.
Reply 7
Im on tesco and ive had alright signal since ive been here minus the watering hole in hillhead and some bits of New carnegie but i know others that have the same problem and they're on all different networks
Orange in hillhead is a no go. In new carnegie I have to stand at my breakfast bar, at the living room window or sit on the radiator side of my bed to get signal...
Reply 9
1001 Chiko
Orange in hillhead is a no go. In new carnegie I have to stand at my breakfast bar, at the living room window or sit on the radiator side of my bed to get signal...

It's ok in other parts of Hillhead... As I said I had the same proble the one time I was in NCC

I don't think anyone gets a signal in the hole unless you stand near the door where everyone goes out to smoke, which obviously has it's own set of problems....
Reply 10
Brilliant, thanks for that. I found a really good deal on T-Mobile, I read that somebody has bad Virgin coverage and I think they share a transmitter. Has anyone on T-Mobile had trouble?
Reply 11
kaaavya
Brilliant, thanks for that. I found a really good deal on T-Mobile, I read that somebody has bad Virgin coverage and I think they share a transmitter. Has anyone on T-Mobile had trouble?

Virgin Mobile actually uses the T-Mobile network, so if you've heard of problems with Virgin then you may have similar problems with T-Mobile. And that may be where the sharing transmitter bit comes in. Also for info Tesco Mobile uses O2's network.
Becca-Sarah
I had to switch from Virgin to o2 when I arrived cos I couldn't get a signal. No probs with o2 tho (just don't bother with their broadband, cos that doesn't work entirely well up here).

What's up? I've had O2 broadband up here for the last two years at two seperate flats and it's worked fine.

I was on O2 and now I'm on T-Mobile and I get good reception in Aberdeen. My flatmate doesn't get great signal in certain parts of the flat and she's on Orange.
smellslikemarmite
What's up? I've had O2 broadband up here for the last two years at two seperate flats and it's worked fine.

I was on O2 and now I'm on T-Mobile and I get good reception in Aberdeen. My flatmate doesn't get great signal in certain parts of the flat and she's on Orange.

Can only get the crappy "Home Access" package, despite being assured that the superfast fibreoptic cable would be installed beyond Dundee by end of September 09. We get a maximum of 2meg, which is even worse when you consider that's shared by 3 people.
Reply 14
i was on orange and it wasnt very good in hillhead(1st year main accomendation area) now on virgin and is much better. but my friend is on o2 and that seems the best he even gets signal in the waterhole and that for most students here right now find amazing! but must say most students seem to struggle to get good signal in hillhead...unless ur on the topfloor or outside!
Reply 15
I'm with O2 and i never have a problem with signal.....apart from when i'm in a bar. The Watering Hole is especially bad, i always had to leave the building to send and recieve calls / texts.

Latest

Trending

Trending