The Student Room Group

Opinions on what uni I should go to, or gap year?

Hello! I got rejected from my top 2 unis, so I’m wondering whether I should go to uni this year for PPE (Nottingham, Manchester or Loughborough) or whether I should take a gap year. My predicteds are A*A*A, so I’m wondering if it’s worth going this year or reapplying to KCL? I’m mainly worried about grad prospects
Original post by leoniewils
Hello! I got rejected from my top 2 unis, so I’m wondering whether I should go to uni this year for PPE (Nottingham, Manchester or Loughborough) or whether I should take a gap year. My predicteds are A*A*A, so I’m wondering if it’s worth going this year or reapplying to KCL? I’m mainly worried about grad prospects

All London universities are massively over subscribed in this area. You could try again next year and be rejected again. It is a chance you take and only you can make that decision. All the universities you have offers for are great universities. The difference is they are out of London so dont have the same demand as Kings especially with overseas students where the pull of being in London is massive. This is what creates the huge demand rather than them being a better university.
Reply 2
Original post by swanseajack1
All London universities are massively over subscribed in this area. You could try again next year and be rejected again. It is a chance you take and only you can make that decision. All the universities you have offers for are great universities. The difference is they are out of London so dont have the same demand as Kings especially with overseas students where the pull of being in London is massive. This is what creates the huge demand rather than them being a better university.

thank you for your reply, do you recommend any of the unis in particular out of the ones I have said? i’m deciding between nottingham and gap year as manchester hasn’t been getting good coverage at the moment due to all the evictions and protests
(Original post by leoniewils)thank you for your reply, do you recommend any of the unis in particular out of the ones I have said? i’m deciding between nottingham and gap year as manchester hasn’t been getting good coverage at the moment due to all the evictions and protests

I wouldnt recommend one in particular. One persons like is anothers dislike so anything anybody tells you might not be right for you. Manchester is a big city university. Do you want to be in the middle of one of the UKs biggest cities. Nottingham is a smaller city and the main campus is a green campus outside the city. Loughborough is smaller still and has very green campus and possesses the best sports facilities anywhere. Which one is right for you. Which course has the modules that matter to you. Only you can decide what is right for you. If at all possible visit them and decide.
Original post by leoniewils

Hi @leoniewils,

It's great to hear that you're interested in studying at Loughborough.

I just wanted to say that if you have any questions about Loughborough to help you with deciding where to go, let me know :smile:

- Lindsay

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending