The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

yeah i got those answers too pretty much :smile:
i MUST have done better than i did in the summer...if not, i have no hope
For those of you who did AQA BIOL2 resit yesterday - there was a huge error on the haemoglobin question! They drew the graph wrong. Nope, people on here who are saying that it was right are wrong! My head of bio dept phoned the board today and they said many schools have complained and they "apologise" for the mistake. All schools have complained about it and students are too. The more students that complain, the lower the grade boundaries will become so get rollingggggg and email them like I did!
Send it to [email protected] and [email protected]
Reply 142
BringMeThatHorizon
For those of you who did AQA BIOL2 resit yesterday - there was a huge error on the haemoglobin question! They drew the graph wrong. Nope, people on here who are saying that it was right are wrong! My head of bio dept phoned the board today and they said many schools have complained and they "apologise" for the mistake. All schools have complained about it and students are too. The more students that complain, the lower the grade boundaries will become so get rollingggggg and email them like I did!
Send it to [email protected] and [email protected]

Are you sure the grade boundaries would be lower cos of it? Surely the logical thing to do would just be to give everyone full marks on the question? Or ignore it completely reduce the total marks, no?
Vamp1reWeekend
yeah i got those answers too pretty much :smile:
i MUST have done better than i did in the summer...if not, i have no hope

Im sure you did better :smile:

For the oxygen dissociation curves page.
The first question was something abt respiration...describe how the graph would look like....would the curve have been to the right so more oxygen could be unloaded?
gcseangel
Im sure you did better :smile:

For the oxygen dissociation curves page.
The first question was something abt respiration...describe how the graph would look like....would the curve have been to the right so more oxygen could be unloaded?

oh uhmmmm, i really can't remember the question :P what was it about?
i thought the idea was the curve was to the right at higher altitudes because oxygen would have to dissociate more readily to respiring tissues due to there being less oxygen, and that it would need a higher concentration of O2 to become fully saturated, allowing for better oxygen carrying.

having said that i'm really not too sure because it can be argued to be on the other side too :frown: i'll enquire at college tomorrow
i hate exams :frown:
BringMeThatHorizon

Agreed. i miss exams that didnt obsess over HSW, and didnt try to trip you up using the excuse "we're making sure you read the question" they've gotten pathetic these days :frown:
Reply 148
BringMeThatHorizon

Keep telling yourself you didnt lose more than 25-30 marks. You're still in with a chance of that A. Positive thinking guys. Positive! :p:
Artymess
Agreed. i miss exams that didnt obsess over HSW, and didnt try to trip you up using the excuse "we're making sure you read the question" they've gotten pathetic these days :frown:

you're totally right. i miss real biology. you're so lucky you're gonna get to study proper real biology at uni without any of the HSW stuff :frown: bio is one of the most fascinating subjects...if you dont study it for exams/A Levs :frown:
Reply 150
i started revising for this exam on the night before lol

does anyone know what was the answer for the first question ?
Reply 151
Hippysnake
why the hell are you resitting if you got 107 UMS!?

coz its out of 140 and 107 is only a B
Reply 152
dull

Cell differentiation/specialization
dull

A B is fine.
moh2009
Cell differentiation/specialization

I've just realsied now that I only wrote "differentiation" rather than "cell differentiation".I know it's a stupid point, but you know what thos examiners are like...:rolleyes: I just assumed that by using "cell" in the question, they would know I was talking about cell differentiation.lol.:o:
Reply 155
you did better than me coz i wrote differentiation at the start and the last thing i did before submitting was i crossed it out and wrote meiosis(dont even ask)
Reply 156
moh2009
Keep telling yourself you didnt lose more than 25-30 marks. You're still in with a chance of that A. Positive thinking guys. Positive! :p:

i rate you =) you're right
Reply 157
Megiddo
i rate you =) you're right

Exactly man. I wrote just differentiation as well, I'm pretty sure you'd get the mark still.
Reply 158
diesegeld
I put because the head grows proportionately with the body, i.e older seahorses have larger heads..

yeah i said something like, the length of the seahorses head is directly proportional to the length of their bodies.
Reply 159
If anybody has or finds this paper, send me and i'll rep you 7 times.

That's almost 1000 points in rep. :love:

:dancing:

Latest

Trending

Trending