The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

When I need to be.
Reply 21
What can I say, I'm just a great guy.
Reply 22
oodalallyoodalally
I'd say my intelligence was a bit above average but I do have evidence.

What's your evidence?
Reply 23
My friends would say that I'm arrogant and have a massive ego.
I deem myself confident, but not arrogant. I am comfortable with myself as an individual, i have flaws but i build on my strengths and manage my flaws.

As for selecting of friends, I think personally it is our right to determine with whom to associate, and on any basis we choose. Some persons simply do not gel with our own values and lifestyles.
Reply 25
Yes, I am amazing.
I don't think I am. Arrogance is a horrible trait in a personality.
Lefty Leo
Maybe. But it's usually justified :smile:

This, but mine is more justified than his.
Reply 28
Yup, well I'm constantly told I am :danceboy:

But, well. I'm confident in areas were I know I'm good. So, accademicaly speaking, I know that I can pass tests, saying so, well I geuss that can be percieved as arrogant.

And correcting teachers, 'parently thats arrogant too :spank:
yes, peon, i am. very.
Frieza
What's your evidence?

Grades, 11+, IQ tests psychiatrist got me to do, the fact that i'm on the gifted and talented register at school and the times crossword I finished the other day. I didn't say it was strong evidence but it seems to convince most people.
Reply 31
Yes. When you have deal with cretins every day then arrogance is justifiable - in fact, probably necessary. After all, I am God.

:yep:
Tombola
So I was looking through my psychology textbooks and I stumbled across this idea that more than 70% usually believe they are above the average in intelligence and all that. And it got me curious about whether this could be linked with arrogancy...

Now I'm not talking about the openly-arrogant individual that goes around shouting about how much better they are in comparison to other people, but the more subtle forms which is reflected in statements like "mass society is XYZ - I would not make that choice." or perhaps even choosing to hang out with certain individuals. Example: The idea of selecting friends, occasionally questioning friendships with people might be seen as being picky, and some could argue that this behaviour is being arrogant.

What do people think?
Does it really matter to be arrogant in that sense?

Why?

People are just being themselves when they do that. let us face it, UK mainstream society is kind of dumb.
Reply 33
Depends on your definition. If you mean simply being convinced that you are much better than most people around you, then yes, I am. If you mean discriminating against these people, then no, I am not.
Reply 34
Sure am.
Reply 35
hunty91
I'm the greatest person that has ever lived, so it's only natural that I'm arrogant.

Don't lie. I am quite clearly the biggest douche greatest person that ever lived.
Reply 36
It's only arrogance if you're wrong.
yes im arrogant - not nastily arrogant but im not ashamed of what i have or who i am.

some of the things im arraogant about ive worked damn hard to get and im not going to hid ethem
Reply 38
Tombola

What do people think?
Does it really matter to be arrogant in that sense?

no dear i'm not arrogant at all.
Reply 39
oodalallyoodalally
Grades, 11+, IQ tests psychiatrist got me to do, the fact that i'm on the gifted and talented register at school

That doesn't mean you're intelligent. It actually means you are NOT intelligent.
You know, the ability to calculate and study like a monkey does not agree with intelligence.

oodalallyoodalally

and the times crossword I finished the other day. I didn't say it was strong evidence but it seems to convince most people.

WTF, a crossword is just a matter of knowldge.

Intelligence, my definition at least, is the ability to interact with situations completely new.
It is therefore not measurable, because

- no situation can be completely new.
- for all problems a good degree of luck is involved.

Latest

Trending

Trending