The Student Room Group

How should I rate myself on a self assessment form?

The options are poor, needs development, satisfactory, exceeds expectations and excellent

Personally I think I do a good’ job and sometimes in offer to do other peoples work which means I exceed expectations. But I don’t want to look arrogant.

Bear in mind my bonus is used from these forms ( plus from what other people assess me)

I obviously there are always skills I can develop which I’ll select for some statements but I wish there was a good’ option rather than a satisfactory which makes me sound mediocre.
The whole point of a self assessment form is that you make the assessment and judgment yourself
Reply 2
Original post by Amydesigns1104
The options are poor, needs development, satisfactory, exceeds expectations and excellent

Personally I think I do a good’ job and sometimes in offer to do other peoples work which means I exceed expectations. But I don’t want to look arrogant.

Bear in mind my bonus is used from these forms ( plus from what other people assess me)

I obviously there are always skills I can develop which I’ll select for some statements but I wish there was a good’ option rather than a satisfactory which makes me sound mediocre.

I would put down exceeds expectations. If someone comes back to you and disagrees then at least you will get a decent appraisal and will shine a light on the fact that self-assessment is a farce. Based on your own criteria, why wouldn't you be exceeds expectations? Naturally you exceed your own expectations even if you don't exceed others. You can't lose.
Reply 3
You need to give more context! The question is: Will the self-assessment be used to appraise your performance now, or as a benchmark to appraise you in future?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending