The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
adil12
I did scale up to 20 :smile: That was the peak Voltage (I got bored so I worked out all the values) and the pattern was a curve going from high to low :biggrin:

hmm I'm confused now, I have to say I did not think 10v was the lowest, 20 sounds more realistic-- even though I did to 15. There were 3 main lines so it seemed to work :biggrin:
adil12
I did scale up to 20 :smile: That was the peak Voltage (I got bored so I worked out all the values) and the pattern was a curve going from high to low :biggrin:

please explain how you got the peak voltage to be 20. was this at 10 lux or some other intensity?
Reply 42
Ballyellen
hmm I'm confused now, I have to say I did not think 10v was the lowest, 20 sounds more realistic-- even though I did to 15. There were 3 main lines so it seemed to work :biggrin:

I did my scale the same as yours at first, but realised the peak so changed it, but I think they will accept allowance for both answers :biggrin:
Reply 43
Hey, I did not do this paper as i got good grades first time round :biggrin:, But my mates took this paper and said they found it hard. Like really hard compared to other (Well, the exam we took in Yr 10). Do you think this was harder?

I'm going abit off topic but, did anyone take the additional science B? But this was with the exam board OCR. B3,C3,P3!

Regards, Kmaster

P.S Hope everyone did Well, we'll have to see in march for the results (Yikes :P) I think the result day is March 11th, can someone confirm this please.
Casshern1456
You do know if a examiner can't read the answer then he/she can give you 0 marks right? So it's always good to give directions and write neatly, I got taught to think like for an examiner- like to make their lives a bit more easier cause they mark hundred of papers.
Hopefully by me doing that they're more lenient on me.:biggrin:

ahh i know but i scribbled it all out really nicely and wrote a message saying sorry and telling them to go to the bottom of the page :tongue: im always well scared that they wont read my writing so i write really nicely now :')
Reply 45
Kmaster
(Yikes :P) I think the result day is March 11th, can someone confirm this please.

yes its Thurs 11th March :smile:
Reply 46
GunnerArshavin
I found it really hard , was really confusing. Cant remember what I wrote , but exams are over for now :biggrin:

I also done bad in Unit 1 ( retake ) , so now I'm probably going to have to retake them in June along with everything else .__.

Have you taken all 6 Science exams this January? :eek:

I recall seeing your posts in previous threads to do with Science/Add Science exams.
Reply 47
SomeoneYouDon'tKnow
The graph question really confused me - surely the voltage could only go up to 6 as there was only a 6v battery? (Although I too worked out the peak voltage to be 20v) :s-smilie: Could someone please explain this!

Exactly that confused me too, as it was only a 6V battery :s-smilie: But the formula they provided seem to contradict this, so I just followed it, as the current was a constant (circuit connected in series) and I just used the appropriate resistance values for each lux :wink:
Reply 48
kafeelmirza
please explain how you got the peak voltage to be 20. was this at 10 lux or some other intensity?

I believe it was at 5 lux
Reply 49
I found this quite easy actually. The graph I had problems on like most people here seem to have had, and I think I messed up on Nuclear Fusion, but I think I did alright other than those two.
Reply 50
For the resistance one when it asked why it would not be used, would it be correct to say it was because it identified the resistance as 50% + or - its original value, hence the correct resistance would be difficult to identify?
Reply 51
I think so, though it was a 2 mark question, so I don't know if that would only get you 1.
Reply 52
KK thats kool :smile: Lol I just noticed its you Callum xD The scientists one was a stupid set of questions, for the cold fusion being unreliable I said it was claimed by only 2 scientists, and for the journal one I said that it was because people are more likely to believe famous scientists, as they have more recognition, would any of those get marks for those parts?
I found it extremely easy. Seriously I don't get how people find the equation questions hard. It is just replacing the values.
also the graphy went downwards according to the formula, but it said as light increased, resistance decreased, so surely the voltage should have increased?
Reply 55
primalpanic
also the graphy went downwards according to the formula, but it said as light increased, resistance decreased, so surely the voltage should have increased?

Nope, low resistance = high current, and high current reduces the voltage :cool:
Reply 56
adil12
KK thats kool :smile: Lol I just noticed its you Callum xD The scientists one was a stupid set of questions, for the cold fusion being unreliable I said it was claimed by only 2 scientists, and for the journal one I said that it was because people are more likely to believe famous scientists, as they have more recognition, would any of those get marks for those parts?

Yep it's me! :smile:

Aren't voltage and resiatance directly proportional though, so as one increases, so does the other?
Reply 57
Cal123
Yep it's me! :smile:

Aren't voltage and resiatance directly proportional though, so as one increases, so does the other?

Thats correct, and also you can remember from Mod 1 with the step-up transformer, as it increases current to reduce the voltage :smile:
wow.
i'm **** :smile:
Reply 59
Don't be negative about yourself :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending