The Student Room Group

Hotel Reservation - Problem..

I've been trying to reserve a hotel room, but after filling out my details, I get to a section where it only allows me to use a credit card to reserve. I personally do not have a credit card, I've only got a debit card. So I'm just wondering, is there any way I could pay by using a debit card? I've only got a Solo/Maestro card, but on the site, it only says I can pay with a credit card (visa, mastercard ect) ..so I'm just wondering whether there is a way I could pay with my debit card? ..and I can't and don't intend to borrow someones credit card for the reservation. :confused:

Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
Phone hotel and ask.

Problem solved.
Reply 2
Have you tried just paying with the Debit Card? Sometimes it still works.
Reply 3
...CoNfUsEd...
I've been trying to reserve a hotel room, but after filling out my details, I get to a section where it only allows me to use a credit card to reserve. I personally do not have a credit card, I've only got a debit card. So I'm just wondering, is there any way I could pay by using a debit card? I've only got a Solo/Maestro card, but on the site, it only says I can pay with a credit card (visa, mastercard ect) ..so I'm just wondering whether there is a way I could pay with my debit card? ..and I can't and don't intend to borrow someones credit card for the reservation. :confused:

Thanks in advance.

Visa is a debit card. Some companies use credit/debit card interchangeably. It shouldn't be a problem at all - in this day and age it's extremely likely they will accept debit card.
Reply 4
I've emailed them, and I got the reply;
"We do not take maestro card to guarantee a booking.
You will need a credit card to guarantee it."

So now I really don't know what to do, other than look for a different hotel, which isn't as close to where I want to be. =/
I worked in a Central London hotel for over a year.

The room booking would require credit card details as a 'guarantee'..this is used so if you fail to turn up they can charge the card and still get their money.

From the sounds of it this is to just guarantee rather than to pay for your stay so can you perhaps guarantee on your parent's card?

This may require you to fill an 'authorisation form' which basically states that someone other than the booking name can guarantee for the stay. You can then pay in cash on the day. Paying with cash is fun too.

I hate Maestro you can never use it with expedia bookings...pain in the arse!
Reply 6
My parents would not allow me to use their credit cards, so that's a definite no..

So I'm reallying trying to find other ways to book a hotel room.

Does anyone know if you HAVE to book/reserve the room beforehand or can you go there on the day to get the room there and then?

I'm honestly running out of ideas. -.-
...CoNfUsEd...
My parents would not allow me to use their credit cards, so that's a definite no..

So I'm reallying trying to find other ways to book a hotel room.

Does anyone know if you HAVE to book/reserve the room beforehand or can you go there on the day to get the room there and then?

I'm honestly running out of ideas. -.-

Theyd still want a credit card if you went there on the day otherwise you may run up a bill and never come back. You can only book a different hotel, get a credit card or borrow one but then youd need fake id for that one.
You could book it on the day...but as Jennie1987 said they will still want cc details as a guarantee and a form of ID too... AND they may be fully booked

You will have to use another hotel I'm afraid if no one will do you a favour.... lots of hotels allow you to book via cc/debit card so the maestro thing does surprise me.
Actually some hotels allow for cash deposits you could perhaps ask them if they follow such a policy...where you leave cash at the reception and collect it when you check-out when your room bill is cleared.
I think the question on everybody's mind is, what exactly have you got planned to do at the hotel? :perv:
Lol @ Playboy King

Latest

Trending

Trending