The Student Room Group

What would you do?

Would you message a hotel worker if you was staying at a hotel?
Original post by Anonymous #1

Depends what you mean for example if their work to provide room service then I understand to message them in general no offence but that’s weird.
Reply 2
Original post by User_name001
Depends what you mean for example if their work to provide room service then I understand to message them in general no offence but that’s weird.

Yeah she did deliver room service. But we just generally chatted too

Most hotels have a telephone that you can dial for room service. If you don't have one then try Google the hotel phone number you're at. Worst case scenario just go to the foyer and speak in person.

Hope this helps
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous #2
Most hotels have a telephone that you can dial for room service. If you don't have one then try Google the hotel phone number you're at. Worst case scenario just go to the foyer and speak in person.

Hope this helps

Well she delivered room service and gave me her number? Now I’m not sure what to do
Reply 5
What’s the reason for messaging
Reply 6
Original post by Zarek
What’s the reason for messaging

Just general talk, like what I’m doing there. And what’s around etc
Reply 7
Just general talk, like what I’m doing there. And what’s around etc

So, it depends if your messages are in line with the reason she gave you the number. If yes, then go ahead. If she gave you the number just for a work reason then it is abusing this to reach out with friendly or romantic interest and you should be very cautious
Reply 8
Original post by Zarek
So, it depends if your messages are in line with the reason she gave you the number. If yes, then go ahead. If she gave you the number just for a work reason then it is abusing this to reach out with friendly or romantic interest and you should be very cautious

Do you think she could be trying to like set me up
Reply 9
Ah a mouse (err man) after my own heart 😂. Maybe she's setting you up for a scam. Maybe she just likes you. Pragmatically, is she much more attractive then you? If she is then I call scam. Give it a shot but be prepared to bail if she turns the conversation to the financial.
Only if its a tradition of the hotel for hotel staff and customers to communicate via the hotel's messaging or telephone system.
About things like hotel facilities, any problems with the room, local restaurant recommendations and questions about the area.
Nothing personal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending