The Student Room Group

Paris II the CROUS accommodation

I do law with french law and I’m going on my year abroad in Paris next academic year (so I’m going September this year) and they’re kinda not being very helpful or forthcoming with the information about it. They told me the building that I’ll be living in is called the CROUS but haven’t given any other information.

Ive been on Paris II’s website and the webpage for that accommodation block has been removed (it just says this page doesn’t exist) and when I google it, it appears to come up with hotel/commercial type accommodation rather than student flats.

Has anyone studied at Paris II as a British student or able to tell me anything about the accommodation? My tutor said it’s “not very luxurious” and won’t even say the address so I’m kinda worried lol.

Would anyone be able to link me to a webpage about it or tell me what it’s like to live there? Like for example is it en suite or shared bathrooms? What are the sizes/quality of the rooms like? Or what are the kitchen facilities like?
Original post by Username123ab
I do law with french law and I’m going on my year abroad in Paris next academic year (so I’m going September this year) and they’re kinda not being very helpful or forthcoming with the information about it. They told me the building that I’ll be living in is called the CROUS but haven’t given any other information.
Ive been on Paris II’s website and the webpage for that accommodation block has been removed (it just says this page doesn’t exist) and when I google it, it appears to come up with hotel/commercial type accommodation rather than student flats.
Has anyone studied at Paris II as a British student or able to tell me anything about the accommodation? My tutor said it’s “not very luxurious” and won’t even say the address so I’m kinda worried lol.
Would anyone be able to link me to a webpage about it or tell me what it’s like to live there? Like for example is it en suite or shared bathrooms? What are the sizes/quality of the rooms like? Or what are the kitchen facilities like?

Hi, so first of all I have to say that I'm neither British nor very familiar with accommodation provided by the Crous, but I do study in Paris, for what it's worth, so while you wait for a better answer, I hope I can help a bit :smile:
First, I think one cannot emphasize enough that housing in Paris can be quite complicated. You do find accommodation but wages can be high and it's not always very modern, depending on where you end up.
The Crous is not actually linked to Paris II but is an organisation which provides cultural services and, most importantly, bursaries and housing for students. There are really not enough halls of residence and as such, for French students (or full-time students in France), it is very difficult to get a place (the main criteria is a financial one, accom is reserved for students from low-income households).
From your message and what your tutor said, I guess you will get a room by virtue of being an international student, which is great! I unfortunately don't actually know anything about the quality or facilities of the rooms; as for location, there are actually halls in a lot of different places in Paris, so I guess you will have to wait and find out!
I'm sorry that I can't be more help, but if you haven't already, I would suggest you try to reach out to student organizations in Paris like the ESN, I'm sure they have a lot more information they would be happy to share (they offer some pointers on housing, for instance : https://paris.esnfrance.org/en/before-your-arrival/).
Good luck with your preparations for your stay in Paris, I hope you enjoy it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending