The Student Room Group
Reply 1
C'mon someone has got to know something! :smile:
Reply 2
If it is anything like A-Level Regulations, the GII isn't much of an upgrade, mainly in adding a larger memory, USB port, and redesigning it. It still doesn't have Symbolic Algebra (i.e. y=x^2 so shows dy/dx=2x), so can't see why it wouldn't be allowed. I don't know if you are only allowed certain calculators on a list, but if the restriction is on no computer algebra systems or symbolic algebra, then the fx-9750GII should be fine (at least for A-Level regulations).
Reply 3
God this is frustrating, there is a list yes, with the list of ALL approved calculators, it's from 2008, and in technology years that's ancient, alas, none of the listed GDCs are manufactured anymore. !!! Casio only makes GII models and no GII models where listed back in 2008 as they only where introduced late may -09.

If I need to learn a TI I am gonna go mad, the one I've got has gotten thrown in the wall one too many times...
Reply 4
Has anyone seriously ever checked your calculator in an exam?

As long as it doesn't do calculus and stuff with letters (numbers are okay, these calculators are good!) then it's fine.
Reply 5
I bet you could bring in a CAS ti-89 and nobody would notice.

Latest