The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Frontier
butler's wharf and sidney webb...but they are far out

i think rosebery and passfield are catered but have kitchens for you to use too

Butler's wharf is just for postgrads 2010-2011.

Passfield and rosebery both say, "There are limited facilities on each floor for students who wish to prepare hot drinks and snacks as well as a number of vending machines on site for cold drinks and chocolate. ".

Not sure how extensive those facilties are. I would prefer to cook my own food. Saves money and will probably taste better :p:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
This is probably a really stupid question.

For catered accomodation, e.g. Bankside, does the price for the room quoted on the website, e.g. £148 per week, include meal costs?
gyyy2807

For catered accomodation, e.g. Bankside, does the price for the room quoted on the website, e.g. £148 per week, include meal costs?

Not for Bankside, cannot comment on other halls.
Reply 103
TylerDurden
Butler's wharf is just for postgrads 2010-2011.

Passfield and rosebery both say, "There are limited facilities on each floor for students who wish to prepare hot drinks and snacks as well as a number of vending machines on site for cold drinks and chocolate. ".

Not sure how extensive those facilties are. I would prefer to cook my own food. Saves money and will probably taste better :p:

As I have said before, there is actually a fairly decent kitchen per floor at rosebery, everyone on my floor cooks their dinner in it (which for the boys is often steak and mash) every day without any hassle.
Also, I'd just like to add guys that Rosebery got officially voted most sociable hall in LSE on Monday...just to prove how amazing it is once again!
Reply 104
sophie364
As I have said before, there is actually a fairly decent kitchen per floor at rosebery, everyone on my floor cooks their dinner in it (which for the boys is often steak and mash) every day without any hassle.
Also, I'd just like to add guys that Rosebery got officially voted most sociable hall in LSE on Monday...just to prove how amazing it is once again!

....This makes me hope even more that I get my first choice.
Reply 105
gyyy2807

Not for Bankside but yes for Passfield
Reply 106
Has anyone got confirmation of their accomodation application yet?
Reply 107
Nooooope. And I sent well before the official opening.
xrxyxaxnx
Nooooope. And I sent well before the official opening.

Hey, do you need to firm LSE before sending of the application, or is it enough to just hold an offer?
Reply 109
TylerDurden
Hey, do you need to firm LSE before sending of the application, or is it enough to just hold an offer?

I'm not quite entirely sure to be honest, seen as I'd firmed LSE before I chose accommodation... but I guess there's no harm in trying to log into the application to see if it will let you or not! It says you need your LSE reference number or whatever, but I'm pretty sure that can be found on your offer letter.
xrxyxaxnx
I'm not quite entirely sure to be honest, seen as I'd firmed LSE before I chose accommodation... but I guess there's no harm in trying to log into the application to see if it will let you or not! It says you need your LSE reference number or whatever, but I'm pretty sure that can be found on your offer letter.

Yeah I've already applied. They just asked for my LSE student number.
Going to firm LSE tomorrow just in case though.

It's just that I read on their website, that people who use LSE as their insurance are looked upon less favourably during allocation.

I haven't firmed or insured :s-smilie:
Reply 111
Ah well - go ahead and firm it asap then! :biggrin:
Reply 112
I wanna know what halls I got! Still haven't got my confirmation damnit!
Reply 113
iPod

relax..nobody has.. but 28 days is not long, and this feels much better than the waiting for offer..:smile: :smile:
Reply 114
iPod

I just got the accommodation receipt, check your mailbox
me too.
Reply 116
Readandrhyme
me too.

me3
Reply 117
Which halls are most advisable for shared rooms?
Reply 118
Ines24

that north-something-land I guess.. not many halls have shared rooms and that one is in a perfect location and has the highest rates
Reply 119
Ines24

Bankside, Holborn, Roseberry, Northumberland

Latest

Trending

Trending