The Student Room Group

To transfer or not to transfer

I'm currently studying at Law at Bournemouth University, but I'm contemplating transferring to either Liverpool or Newcastle University. However, I would need to redo my first year at the new university.This decision isn't easy, and I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons. I'm interested in hearing from anyone who has been in a similar situation.
Apply and get offers.
Decide in the summer.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Apply and get offers.
Decide in the summer.

I have applied and have offers, but I'm not sure if it's worth redoing my first year.
Original post by lawstudent04
I have applied and have offers, but I'm not sure if it's worth redoing my first year.

(Edited as I'd misread the original question)

The biggest con would be another years fees and costs, (as well as lost earnings from graduating a year later).

Without knowing what your motivation was for applying it's a bit difficult to advise whether it's worth moving.
(edited 3 months ago)

well you've got until June before you have to pick a firm....and until September before you have to decide whether to re-enrol on your current course or to start elsewhere.

Plenty of time to visit, find out about costs and accommodation in either situation, talk to current students and potential employers and figure out the best option.

You're not committed until you enrol (and/or if you sign a contract for/book accommodation then check the cancellation terms)

Only you can decide this. It is a personal decision. Why do you want to leave Bournemouth to go elsewhere. How much does that mean to you. Obviously there is the cost of increasing your students loan. Do you think the cost is worth it. Nobody can make the decision for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending