The Student Room Group

Second-year transfer students

I'm transferring out of first year and straight into second year at a different uni,
I'm mostly excited because I'm really unhappy at the one I go to right now and really want to leave, but I'm a bit nervous that the same thing will happen at this new uni,
I really really want to speak to someone who has transferred unis for second year because I just wanna ask what the pros/cons were and what advice they would give to me, as I haven't actually transferred yet,
Thanks! <3
- I am transferring to Cardiff uni so anyone's honest pros/cons of Cardiff will also be really helpful :smile:
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by luna676
... I am transferring to Cardiff uni so anyone's honest pros/cons of Cardiff will also be really helpful :smile:

There's a pros and cons thread here for Cardiff:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7340640
Reply 2
Hi. I'm currently considering transferring unis into 2nd year as well. If you don't mind me asking, what made you want to transfer? Hope it goes well for you.
Hiya!

I really hope the transfer goes well for you :smile: Whilst I'm not a transfer student myself, I did know a couple of people transferring from other universities abroad - its quite common for some international students from certain countries!

Cardiff is a really lovely city to study at - people are quite welcoming and there are a lot of societies and clubs to get involved in. Everything is close by and affordable. I would say that the hardest thing about being a student right know is probably accommodation, in that most university owned accommodation is quite small, and the student housing situation right now isn't great, but I feel like you get that with most universities!

Cardiff's big on mental health and we have a lot of support services available. I've used their counselling services before, and they've been really lovely.

Let me know if you had any other questions,

- Fatiha, Cardiff Uni Student Rep :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Hi. I'm currently considering transferring unis into 2nd year as well. If you don't mind me asking, what made you want to transfer? Hope it goes well for you.

I originally firmed my current uni and insured Cardiff, I got into my firm but after my first term I started to not like the place and couldn't help but think I got my firm and insurance the wrong way round (I just chose them that way because of the grade requirements), I went to another open day at Cardiff (whilst in first year) and decided to transfer, essentially I didn't like my current city, it was super expensive and the city and campus are really far apart, didn't make many friends and I just didn't wanna be there for another 2 years tbh
If you're thinking about transferring defo visit the other unis first and weigh up the pros and cons of moving without anyone influencing your own decision
Reply 5
Original post by luna676
I'm transferring out of first year and straight into second year at a different uni,
I'm mostly excited because I'm really unhappy at the one I go to right now and really want to leave, but I'm a bit nervous that the same thing will happen at this new uni,
I really really want to speak to someone who has transferred unis for second year because I just wanna ask what the pros/cons were and what advice they would give to me, as I haven't actually transferred yet,
Thanks! <3
- I am transferring to Cardiff uni so anyone's honest pros/cons of Cardiff will also be really helpful :smile:
hey , did u meet the level requirements for Cardiff uni ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending