Turn on thread page Beta

Do unis accept combinations of A-levels and APs ? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Math,Business and Economics A-levels.But the Economics A-level is really hard and I probably wont even get a B.So I'm thinking of doing both the A-level and AP Macro+Micro Economics.My school says they're seen as pretty equal. Will universities give me a choice, say get a 5/4 in the AP or get a A/B in the A-level.My friends have told me they wont look at APs once u've got 3 A-levels.Is that true?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know much about APs but wouldn't it just be as hard as the A-level to get a high grade in?

ReputationRep:
    Different AP's have different UCAS points = they are not all the same A 3 at macro economics is 20 UCAS points. A 5 at calculus is 120 - same as an A at A level

http://www.ucas.com/students/ucas_tariff/factsheet/app
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by pjb13)
    I've applied for Acct/Finance to LSE,Warwick,Nottingham,City and Manchester(Conditional AAB). I'm doing Math,Business and Economics A-levels.But the Economics A-level is really hard and I probably wont even get a B.So I'm thinking of doing both the A-level and AP Macro+Micro Economics.My school says they're seen as pretty equal. Will universities give me a choice, say get a 5/4 in the AP or get a A/B in the A-level.My friends have told me they wont look at APs once u've got 3 A-levels.Is that true?
    Obviously if you want a definite answer, get in touch with the universities themselves, but my guess would be that universities will tend towards setting conditions in the qualification they're most familiar with, i.e. in this case A-levels.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.