The Student Room Group

Do unis accept combinations of A-levels and APs ?

I'm doing Math,Business and Economics A-levels.But the Economics A-level is really hard and I probably wont even get a B.So I'm thinking of doing both the A-level and AP Macro+Micro Economics.My school says they're seen as pretty equal. Will universities give me a choice, say get a 5/4 in the AP or get a A/B in the A-level.My friends have told me they wont look at APs once u've got 3 A-levels.Is that true?
Reply 1
I don't know much about APs but wouldn't it just be as hard as the A-level to get a high grade in?
Reply 2
Different AP's have different UCAS points = they are not all the same A 3 at macro economics is 20 UCAS points. A 5 at calculus is 120 - same as an A at A level

http://www.ucas.com/students/ucas_tariff/factsheet/app
Reply 3
pjb13
I've applied for Acct/Finance to LSE,Warwick,Nottingham,City and Manchester(Conditional AAB). I'm doing Math,Business and Economics A-levels.But the Economics A-level is really hard and I probably wont even get a B.So I'm thinking of doing both the A-level and AP Macro+Micro Economics.My school says they're seen as pretty equal. Will universities give me a choice, say get a 5/4 in the AP or get a A/B in the A-level.My friends have told me they wont look at APs once u've got 3 A-levels.Is that true?

Obviously if you want a definite answer, get in touch with the universities themselves, but my guess would be that universities will tend towards setting conditions in the qualification they're most familiar with, i.e. in this case A-levels.

Latest

Trending

Trending