The Student Room Group

Transferring to a UK Uni from the US

Hi all, I have completed five semesters of school at a top 20 school in the US, and for some personal reasons decided that the environment is toxic for me. As I've been perusing my options to finish my Bachelor's degree, the option of studying in the UK has become very appealing to me.

I'm wondering how possible it is for me to transfer into a second year at a UK university. I've noticed the programs are much more structured and focused in the UK, and I'm wondering if there are schools that would accept my transfer request, and which schools would be likely to do this. There's very little information on transferring on most UK University websites, and seemingly nothing on International Transfers, which does lead me to believe it doesn't happen often.

In any case, I'd like to study Philosophy and History, and I've completed a combined 10 classes in these subjects which is equivalent to one full year of my time in college spent in these subjects. Would that be enough for me to transfer into 2nd Year? Thanks, I appreciate in info you all can offer!
Reply 1
Original post by silverslash27

I'm wondering how possible it is for me to transfer into a second year at a UK university. I've noticed the programs are much more structured and focused in the UK,

You would need to email any Unis you are interested in with details of your APs etc and a grade transcript from your current degree. Be aware that any UK Uni would want to see that you had covered the same material in your 1st year as their own students and at the same depth - and that they may only be able to offer you Year 1 entry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending