The Student Room Group

IB Certificate

Hey there,
I want to study medicine but I am not sure if I should do the whole IB diploma or just take IB certificate bio and chem. Would unis like st andrews, and ucl take this?
To my knowledge all UK unis would require you to complete the IBDP.

NB. I'll ask for the thread to be moved to the medicine section, as the requirements tend to be very specific to that programme.
I don't think they'd accept the certificate unless offered with other qualifications and even then I think it might be very much a case by case basis.

If you don't want to do the whole IB diploma I'd suggest just taking A-levels or SQA qualifications as applicable.
Reply 3
Okay, I was wondering if St.Andrews A990 program will take Chemistry and Biology HL as certificate, alongside my American highschool diploma (obviously)
Original post by hg7
Okay, I was wondering if St.Andrews A990 program will take Chemistry and Biology HL as certificate, alongside my American highschool diploma (obviously)

Well that's not obvious at all, since most students using this website are in fact UK students and not US students. Which is one reason you should really provide the full context in your original post when making a thread.

In any event you'd still be best off contacting them directly to find out.

That said why not just do the AP exam for the subjects which almost certainly will be accepted?
A very niche combination of qualifications. Definitely need to ask them directly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending