The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Physics Unit 5 'Physics from Creation to Collapse'

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
OL1V3R
Can someone explain to me why this radiation spectrum from the Sun has a wavelength of maximum intensity corresponding to blue light, when the Sun is orange? I don't understand this, could it be due to Doppler shift?

Spoiler

That's a good question.
I couldnt answer it myself. :K:
I dont think Doppler shift would be responsible for this, as radius of Earth's orbit is roughly constant (1 AU), so there is no relative motion between the Earth and the Sun, no shift.

What I could find:

Spoiler

And:

Spoiler

And the colors stated in the stellar classification are not very certain:

Spoiler

Reply 201
Guys is there going to be a session tommorow?
Can i download Elluminate now for tommorow's session is there is one or should it be right before the session?
What a shame, I missed the revision session (at work). Oh well.

The question topics on Windows Live are really useful! Thank you :biggrin:!
Hey guys, can anyone from here answer my topic? I realise now this thread was probably the better place to ask.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1315714
Reply 204
OL1V3R
I'll put the link up once I have the session ready, all you need to do is click on it and download the Java app, and you're in! It's very simple :smile:

I remember doing the Oxford Maths Admissions Test preparation sessions over Elluminate (I didn't host them, but went on a course of 5/6 sessions).

I will cover Nuclear Decay this session, and I could explain an extra little bit of maths that might be useful. Maybe if you want we can go through some astrophysics as well.

So this evening, I'm going to have a go at hosting one of these sessions and going through the Oscillations topic, not sure yet about going through any exam questions. If you have any questions though, feel free to let me know and maybe we can discuss them :smile:

The revision session will start at 5:00pm and here is the link. I'm not sure how long the session is going to last, since I've never hosted one before. Also bear in mind that content-wise my knowledge won't be perfect, so I'm in an equally modest position as you lot! I'll have a good stab at it though.

I'll do another one each evening. I'm also considering doing a few revision sessions for OCR Salters Chemistry (Unit F334).

Spread the word! :smile:

I have missed the session, can you post the time for the next session earlier.
thanks
Reply 205
Joann79
Guys is there going to be a session tommorow?
Can i download Elluminate now for tommorow's session is there is one or should it be right before the session?

I think you should be able to download it now so you will be all set to go.I downloaded it like 1 hour before and I was able to go online

Cya today:woo: :woo:
Reply 206
ishta
I think you should be able to download it now so you will be all set to go.I downloaded it like 1 hour before and I was able to go online

Cya today:woo: :woo:

Is there one today?
How do you use it?
Reply 207
Have to do a thorough phy5 revision today.
Reply 208
Pegasus92
Is there one today?
How do you use it?

Ya should be at around 5 PM check back oliver will post the time.Go to the link that oliver posted and download the java applet and u are set to go
Reply 209
ishta
Ya should be at around 5 PM check back oliver will post the time.Go to the link that oliver posted and download the java applet and u are set to go

I have downloaded it, what to do after that?
Reply 210
Pegasus92
I have downloaded it, what to do after that?

Now you are ready you have to be online at the time oliver posts here:smile: :smile:
Reply 211
ishta
Now you are ready you have to be online at the time oliver posts here:smile: :smile:

Pm me when you get to know the time.
thanks
Guys, I'll be updating the times in this thread from now on (in the first post).
Reply 213
Does anyone have a copy of the formulae they give us in the exam for unit 5?

Thanks
Reply 214
MattWT
Does anyone have a copy of the formulae they give us in the exam for unit 5?

Thanks

It's there at the end of the syllabus, page 167. :wink:
Reply 215
In astrophysics, what do we need to know about Dark Matter? Im studying from the Miles Hudson book and its like less than half-a-page, and I dont get it the way they explain :s-smilie:
Reply 216
dimi3
In astrophysics, what do we need to know about Dark Matter? Im studying from the Miles Hudson book and its like less than half-a-page, and I dont get it the way they explain :s-smilie:

We dont need to know much anyway.
Just probably there is dark matter in the space, that represents about 90% of the Universe's mass.
As galaxies are spinning, they need some force to provide centripetal acceleration.
This force should be due to gravitational attraction, but the mass of the observed stars in those galaxies is not enough to cause that spinning speed (low mass => low force).
So there might be some 'dark matter' that has mass, but we didnt observe yet.
Reply 217
Did thermal physics yesterday
Oscillations today.
Unfortunately it turns out that because I don't have a Moderators' licence, I'm not able to record an Elluminate session for people to watch later :frown: It's because I'm only using a free 30-day trial which has some limited features.
Reply 219
Revision didn't go well as planned.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending