Turn on thread page Beta

Do universities make offers straight after the interview? watch

ReputationRep:
    This might sound like a silly question, but one of my friends was made an offer straight after her interview. I'm just wondering is it always like this? Or do they usually wait a while before giving you an offer. I'm applying for web development, got a couple of interviews tomorrow and in a couple of weeks :3

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Some do, some don't. Depends as much on the course as on the university.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    In all my interviews so far (yes, all one of them!) they said before the interview that you'll get an offer and that the interview is soley for the purpose of determining whther or not they are prepared to take you on, should you miss your target grades.

However, it very much depends on the university and how competative the course is.

ReputationRep:
    I've had to wait a couple of weeks before hearing back from my interviews - Gloucester takes 6 weeks, but then UWE only took 3. It varies depending on different courses and uni's I think

ReputationRep:
    Great thanks everyone

I hope I get an offer today lol

ReputationRep:
    Well Worcester took two days, UWIC - 2 weeks and Hereford was a week. It can vary . Don't worry the decision deadline is in May you have plenty of time.

What you should be doing promptly is you student finance .

ReputationRep:
    Wooop got my offer from Worcester, waiting on staffs now and then another interview :/

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.