The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
SlyPie
I already said the Germanic states. Just because Germany wasn't officially a country does not mean it did not exist.

Which "Germanic states"? The UK? Holland? Belgium? Denmark? Norway? Sweden?

You do know that Denmark and the Netherlands were slave trading nations?
SlyPie
You're completely right on this..

According to people like Bismarck and you, we should simply forge ahead because it caused no harm on your ancestors or yourself.

Yeah, maybe, since Bismarck is Jewish, we should forget about the Holocaust memorial.since you know, that was the past and not the present.

Now do you see what I mean?

The greatest reparation we can give to those dead slaves is to prevent slavery from continuing. If we could save all of the slaves in the world right now, I am sure the souls/spirits of dead slaves would finally have peace.
Reply 162
SlyPie

According to people like Bismarck and you, we should simply forge ahead because it caused no harm on your ancestors or yourself.

Yeah, maybe, since Bismarck is Jewish, we should forget about the Holocaust memorial.since you know, that was the past and not the present.

The obvious difference being that there are still jews alive today that experienced first hand the holocaust and hand those memories down to their grandchildren. There are no blacks around today that experienced first hand slavery.
Reply 163
SlyPie

Yes, but their are Jews still alive from the camps who should (and probably have) received reparations for their time in the camps. I'm not saying we should forget slavery, but simply saying why should people not responsible for slavery (ie all contemporary Brits, black and white) pay reparations to the ancestors of the slaves?

So far no-one has convinced me.
SlyPie
lol Oxford. I could care less; if you read my signature you'd know.

Why not attend Brigham Young with that mentality?

Why not attend Berkley either?:rolleyes:
Reply 165
SlyPie
lol Oxford. I could care less; if you read my signature you'd know.

Why not attend Brigham Young with that mentality?

I take it from your signature that you're unhappy about having your feathers ruffled by students from a superior seat of learning. Second best isn't easy is it?
Reply 166
Howard
I take it from your signature that you're unhappy about having your feathers ruffled by students of a superior seat of learning. Second best isn't easy is it?

Oh please the British THES ranks 1) Harvard 2) Berkeley

where the hell is Oxford? I can't see Oxford...aaaaaaaaaa
Howard
I take it from your signature that you're unhappy about having your feathers ruffled by students of a superior seat of learning. Second best isn't easy is it?

Secon best!!! Berkeley is closer to an overrated second worse. I have never seen a University so lacking in real scholarship and learning. Except ITT Tech, or University of Phoenix Online!:biggrin:
Reply 168
Howard
I take it from your signature that you're unhappy about having your feathers ruffled by students from a superior seat of learning. Second best isn't easy is it?

Berkeley is second best? You give them too much credit....
SlyPie
Oh please the British THES ranks 1) Harvard 2) Berkeley

where the hell is Oxford? I can't see Oxford...aaaaaaaaaa

Is that a ranking of the sewage outputs from the toilets in each university?
Reply 170
SolInvincitus
Is that a ranking of the sewage outputs from the toilets in each university?

Yeah-THES stands for Toilets in Higher Education Survey :p:
Reply 171
SolInvincitus
Secon best!!! Berkeley is closer to an overrated second worse. I have never seen a University so lacking in real scholarship and learning. Except ITT Tech, or University of Phoenix Online!:biggrin:

Yes! Phoenix Online. They have an exciting new MBA program which involves you sending them $20k and them sending you a diploma. Still, even that has more value than the diplomas that Berkeley issues.
Carl
Yeah-THES stands for Toilets in Higher Education Survey :p:

Maybe Sly coming up with all this s**t all the time brought Berkley up to second place in the toilet tables!!!:p:
Reply 173
Carl
Berkeley is second best? You give them too much credit....

Well, I was speaking figuratively.....
Reply 174
Bismarck
I have close relatives who were either killed by the Nazis or suffered in concentration camps. Do you or anyone else in the US have immediate relatives who were slaves? I don't recall the Jewish world asking for reparations; the only ones asking are the ones who actually suffered. I'm more than willing to give out reparations to any surviving slave.

I don't know if my immediate relatives were slaves (I'm guessing no). I'm half white and half- Oriental and frankly i'd say my white side deserves some shame for all the oppression the Western world has put on millions of people, including Blacks and Native Americans.

As for the Chinese side, my great grandfather was part of the Nationality party (senator) when the communists came to kill him and he had to flee.....I guess that's not slavery, but every side has a history.

Bismarck, fair enough that you are willing to offer reparations to surviving slaves. But still I have to say that Jews more easily incorporate into society because they are after all white.

Blacks are obviously not white (except for the slaveowners blood mixed in), and frankly this world looks more upon your skin color than your origins.
SlyPie
I don't know if my immediate relatives were slaves (I'm guessing no). I'm half white and half- Oriental and frankly i'd say my white side deserves some shame for all the oppression the Western world has put on millions of people, including Blacks and Native Americans.

As for the Chinese side, my great grandfather was part of the Nationality party (senator) when the communists came to kill him and he had to flee.....I guess that's not slavery, but every side has a history.

Bismarck, fair enough that you are willing to offer reparations to surviving slaves. But still I have to say that Jews more easily incorporate into society because they are after all white.

Blacks are obviously not white, and frankly this world looks more upon your skin color than your origins.

Oh please!!! Do you think that those descendants would be better off in Africa as someones salves, because they can blend in by appearance? Give me a break.
Reply 176
SolInvincitus
Maybe Sly coming up with all this s**t all the time brought Berkley up to second place in the toilet tables!!!:p:

Omg. I simply stated historical evidence and you call it sh*t? Are you racist or what?

Honestly, I was stating historical FACTS...omg..

I think you are racist.
Reply 177
SlyPie
Bismarck, fair enough that you are willing to offer reparations to surviving slaves.
I think Bizzys point is that there are no surviving slaves in North America or the UK.
Reply 178
SlyPie

I'm guessing "no" too. If you are half white and half chinese I should think it very unlikely that your immediate relatives were black African slaves. :rolleyes:
SlyPie
Omg. I simply stated historical evidence and you call it sh*t? Are you racist or what?

Honestly, I was stating historical FACTS...omg..

I think you are racist.

Oh yeah.... I am such a racist... with my non-white racial identity and all.

Latest

Trending

Trending