The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Yes it is possible even though you are missing a higher, these grades are only rough guideline and I think you will have no problems getting into Aberdeen Uni.
Reply 2
You could always check with admissions. Give them an email or a phone.

Are you S5 or S6 and are you applying this year or next?

I would say, however, that no this won't be enough. You'd need AT LEAST four Bs. Any less and you will not be considered for anything other than a conditional. Why have you stopped trying in one higher? Isnt that a bit self-defeating?

In my opinion, you should try on ALL your highers because you need ALL your highers.
Reply 3
But i know this guy, who knows this guy, who knows this guys brother who got into a cousre that needed 2As and 2Bs with only two Cs...
Reply 4
Uni Lover
But i know this guy, who knows this guy, who knows this guys brother who got into a cousre that needed 2As and 2Bs with only two Cs...

Which means absolutely nothing.
Reply 5
Aberdeen also go by the UCAS tariff system so BBBB is equivalent to 260 points whereas AAB is 225... so a good bit less which might be a problem. Speak to admissions and see what they say before you drop the subject altogether - I think you're playing it risky especially with increased competiton this year.
Reply 6
Uni Lover

LOL
Reply 7
You could always try and get in through clearing. My brother managed to get accepted into Glasgow on a BBBB course with only ACCCC. Stupidly, he turned it down and went for a worse uni just because it was closer to home. :rolleyes:
Enzo-259
Stupidly, he turned it down and went for a worse uni just because it was closer to home. :rolleyes:

That's not necessarily all that stupid...
Reply 9
Don't make life harder for yourself...there's enough competition as it is, no need to make the admission tutor's john easy. Just do the higher.
Reply 10
A Large Town In France
That's not necessarily all that stupid...

Maybe not in all cases but trust me, he's feeling the mistake now!

Plus, I'd like rid of him :p:
Reply 11
I found out the hard way. entry requirements for Glasgow for chemistry were ABBB, i only done 3 highers in S5, got AAA, and got rejected, just because i didnt do one more higher.

Latest

Trending

Trending