The Student Room Group

Questions about application from a Canadian looking to apply to Cambridge for 2026

HI My name is Arwen and I student in Canada ( Ontario ) looking to apply to Cambridge University for 2026 entry. On the UCAS application, I understand that I will need to provide qualifications that I have not attained. Does my school provide the predicted mark or does the UCAS application people provide it. My qualifications ( high school diploma and Advance Placements ) are not under the UCAS international qualifications. I will be able to submit grades and AP scores I have already attained, but when I receive the rest of the qualifications ( the rest of the courses I take in grade 12 and the other AP scores of the subjects I take that year ) do I email the Cambridge college my results directly? ( transcripts and AP scores ). I understand that the deadline to email results is in the spring but I will not be able to receive my grades until June 30th at latest... and I have no idea when AP exam results come out because we take the exams in May. What am I to do? How will I ensure I submit everything on time and that my application will be considered properly?
Original post by bookwormgirl123
HI My name is Arwen and I student in Canada ( Ontario ) looking to apply to Cambridge University for 2026 entry. On the UCAS application, I understand that I will need to provide qualifications that I have not attained. Does my school provide the predicted mark or does the UCAS application people provide it. My qualifications ( high school diploma and Advance Placements ) are not under the UCAS international qualifications. I will be able to submit grades and AP scores I have already attained, but when I receive the rest of the qualifications ( the rest of the courses I take in grade 12 and the other AP scores of the subjects I take that year ) do I email the Cambridge college my results directly? ( transcripts and AP scores ). I understand that the deadline to email results is in the spring but I will not be able to receive my grades until June 30th at latest... and I have no idea when AP exam results come out because we take the exams in May. What am I to do? How will I ensure I submit everything on time and that my application will be considered properly?

Thread moved to the Cambridge forum to help you get replies. :smile:
Original post by bookwormgirl123

It will be your academic referee who provides your predicted grades. You need to list the ones you haven't done yet as pending. Note that if you decide to not take one of those subjects after listing it as pending, you would need to contact all your UCAS choices to inform of them of the change to your application.

Not sure what you are talking about deadline to email results in the spring. A-level results day for UK students is in August so unis receive most results then. Normally unis require you to send them the results by late August/early September before the academic year starts.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending