The Student Room Group

Probation service

Hi, just wondering, do you need a 1st for a job in this sector or can you get away with a 2:1 or 3rd? 😭 (criminology) I want to be a probation officer but worried about what I’ll graduate with.
Original post by Ilyxo
Hi, just wondering, do you need a 1st for a job in this sector or can you get away with a 2:1 or 3rd? 😭 (criminology) I want to be a probation officer but worried about what I’ll graduate with.

https://prisonandprobationjobs.gov.uk/roles-at-hmpps/overview-of-the-probation-officer-role/skills-you-need/

To be eligible for the PQiP programme, you need to have a level 5 qualification (or higher). This is equivalent to qualifications like:

diploma of higher education (DipHE)
foundation degree
higher national diploma (HND)
It doesn’t matter what subject your level 5 qualification is in. Find out more about level 5 qualifications (GOV.UK, opens in a new tab).

You’ll need a written confirmation to support that you hold a valid qualification to present at the assessment centre.

You must provide a certificate for your qualification. This should be an award certificate for a completed level 5 qualification or a level 5 exit award where a full degree has not been completed. This must consist of at least 120 credits (attained at level 5), which is transferable to evidence a second-year study at university or equivalent.
Reply 2
Thank youu , so you don’t even have to do a full degree & only what you attain for 2nd yr is looked at?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending