The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

When I lived in halls, I used to do my washing either fairly early in the morning or fairly late at night, and I always managed to make it back before the washing had finished so nobody else took my washing out of the machine. Except once, when I must have got there about a minute after it finished - I'm guessing the girl just stood there waiting for the second that my machine finished and took my stuff out immediately, because she was just starting to fill the machine with her washing when I got there. I can understand why she did it, but I would've waited a couple of minutes if I were her. Although I once took someone else's washing out, but I knew that the washing had been done for about 20 minutes already (as I had been in half an hour earlier and seen that the washing had about 5-10 minutes left) and they'd had more than enough time to take their own washing out.
I generally move clothes into a dryer, I live quite a way from the launderette so this seems fair to me!
I never took anyone's clothes out because I didn't want to touch a random person's underwear, clean or not, and knew how annoying I would find it.
I always made sure I got back before the load finished though, although once I must have got there less than a minute after it finished and my clothes had all been dumped on the top.

Latest

Trending

Trending