The Student Room Group

M&s graduate scheme 2023

Was just wondering if anyone else has applied to any m&s graduate schemes

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, I applied for the Data Science scheme. Just completed the video interview a few days ago. Have you been able to find any information on the amount of stages in the application process? Compared to other graduate schemes I haven't been able to find much :/
Original post by bubbly208
Was just wondering if anyone else has applied to any m&s graduate schemes
Hey! Did you do 2 online tests then the video interview? Or do you mean the video interview was the video questions in part of the online tests? Good luck guys!

Original post by tj_kiki
Hey, I applied for the Data Science scheme. Just completed the video interview a few days ago. Have you been able to find any information on the amount of stages in the application process? Compared to other graduate schemes I haven't been able to find much :/
Reply 3
Original post by tj_kiki

i have done two online tests including the one with the mix of questions and videos but i haven't heard anything since and my application status is interview requested? i have no idea what to expect next or even when we should expect to hear back about each stage etc
Reply 4
Original post by aurora1287
Hey! Did you do 2 online tests then the video interview? Or do you mean the video interview was the video questions in part of the online tests? Good luck guys!

nope two online tests with one having video elements! have you had any feedback from any of these assessments yet? good luck to you too
I’m at the same stage as you then. Also unsure when to expect to hear back but hopefully soon!

i have done two online tests including the one with the mix of questions and videos but i haven't heard anything since and my application status is interview requested? i have no idea what to expect next or even when we should expect to hear back about each stage etc
Nope no feedback yet

nope two online tests with one having video elements! have you had any feedback from any of these assessments yet? good luck to you too
Reply 7
I’m at the same stage as you then. Also unsure when to expect to hear back but hopefully soon!

i hope so i'm not sure when the applications close but i imagine if no one has heard anything yet that maybe they're waiting till after applications close?

Nope no feedback yet

i'm suprised we dont get any feedback as from other online assessments they always provide a feedback sheet after completion
Reply 8

So far I've done a coding test, a SJT test and another test that had some video interview questions in it. I got immediate feedback from the coding test but nothing else. I think we're all in the same boat then. I was hoping that they would have an application process webpage that I just missed.

Which programme did you apply to?
Hi guys I am applying to the people graduate scheme. I would appreciate any advice on the video interview tasks! Thanksss
Reply 10
Original post by Loey1229
Hi guys I am applying to the people graduate scheme. I would appreciate any advice on the video interview tasks! Thanksss

the video parts of the task give you two different options to choose from and you have to explain why you would choose that option over the other ie do you prefer working in a team or on your own. there were only about 5 video questions and they were very easy to answer as in you don't really need to prep
Reply 11
Original post by tj_kiki
So far I've done a coding test, a SJT test and another test that had some video interview questions in it. I got immediate feedback from the coding test but nothing else. I think we're all in the same boat then. I was hoping that they would have an application process webpage that I just missed.

i cant even find any application info from last years thread!
i havent had to do a coding test as i have applied for a buying/marketing scheme
the video parts of the task give you two different options to choose from and you have to explain why you would choose that option over the other ie do you prefer working in a team or on your own. there were only about 5 video questions and they were very easy to answer as in you don't really need to prep

You also get unlimited time from when you read the question before you press record so there's plenty of time to think of a structured answer
Original post by tj_kiki

It sounds to me like the next step is just the assessment centres which were mostly in Feb and March last year!
Original post by tj_kiki

Hey! I applied to the data science scheme:smile: I was wondering what sort of problems are given in the coding assessment please?
Original post by AtlantaW
Hey! I applied to the data science scheme:smile: I was wondering what sort of problems are given in the coding assessment please?

Gcse level stats multiple choice, and 2 python problems.

It was held on Codility so doing the problems in the first four lessons on there should help: https://app.codility.com/programmers/lessons/1-iterations/
As far as I remember, space/time complexity wasn't assessed.
Original post by tj_kiki
Gcse level stats multiple choice, and 2 python problems.

It was held on Codility so doing the problems in the first four lessons on there should help: https://app.codility.com/programmers/lessons/1-iterations/
As far as I remember, space/time complexity wasn't assessed.

Great, thanks!
Has anyone here heard anything yet? I applied to food marketing which has closed for applications and my portal says 'interview requested' but I think it has always said that since after the first test
Yeah I applied to food marketing too and my application is the same. How long ago did you do the interview? It looks like last year people didn’t hear anything until January tho so it might be a while
Original post by Saffronvp
Yeah I applied to food marketing too and my application is the same. How long ago did you do the interview? It looks like last year people didn’t hear anything until January tho so it might be a while

Okay that's good to know! I did mine like two and a half weeks ago how about you?

Quick Reply

Latest