The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Uea washing machine

Hey guys im starting my degree at uea in September. What do u guys use for circuit laundry? Capsules or washing power???
Reply 1
IMO the two in one hard tablets are the most convenient thing... but tbh this is probably a minority opinion because afaik every retailer apart from sainsburys has phased them out.

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/gol-ui/product/tablets/sainsburys-2in1-laundry-tablets-x40
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by leixki
Hey guys im starting my degree at uea in September. What do u guys use for circuit laundry? Capsules or washing power???

Hello @leixki
That`s really exciting that you are joining UEA in September! :smile:
I would recommend capsules personally, a 2 in 1 option is always good and probably more convenient!
Hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any further questions!
UEA Rep Lucy :smile:
3rd year Economics with a year abroad student
Original post by leixki

Hey @leixki :smile:

I would have to agree with Lucy on this one! Capsules are definitely easier because you can just take one along with you to the laundrette, whereas when I used liquid I had to lug the bottle and the dosing ball which was a bit of a faff! And I lost the dosing ball more times than I could count which was not convenient at all :h: Luckily there are plenty of laundrettes dotted around and near each accommodation block so you won’t have to travel far with your laundry basket! I would definitely recommend bringing a clothes horse/ dryer of some sort to hang your clothes because there may be items you don't want to put in the dryer and sometimes they don’t completely dry in the dryer and instead of paying for another drying cycle, I found just airing them for a couple days worked really well!

Let me know if you have any other questions :smile:
Isabella (MSc Brand Leadership)
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending