The Student Room Group

Anyone Need Hair Help????

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Hi - I really need some advice... My hair is kinda hard to describe, but I'll do my best. I have a LOT of really thick and frizzy hair. It is kind of divided into 3 sections: the front part is extremely wavy, almost curly, the middle part is wavy with one straight strand on each side, and the back part is wavy but a lot more frizzy than the rest of my hair. Right now it is a little longer than shoulder-length, and with some layers, which makes the waves look nicer but also adds a lot of volume (which makes it look even more frizzy). I have to shampoo it daily because, if I don't, the next day it looks really greasy. However, because I shampoo it daily, it's very dry. I condition it daily and apply several anti-frizz products, but it is still frizzy and if I apply more product it's weighed down and looks hideous (when it is not so wavy it looks worse because my hair is really dull). It used to be a lot longer (it reached the middle of my back) and I straightened it out daily but it turned out my hair gets damaged really easily and, to get rid of all the split ends, I had to cut it shorter than shoulder length, and now I'm letting it grow again but I can't apply any heat to it because it will get damaged again...

Sorry for the essay :colondollar: but if you can help me out please tell me how to get rid of the frizz, and if possible how to make my hair shine and how to make the 2 straight strands I have become wavy...
Hey everyone >_<
Not really bothered with my hair for a long time, so I just let it grow, only bothering to trim it when my ends start splitting.

I've got long, straight, dark-brown hair. But I'd like a hairstyle to go with my glasses? I wear Ray Bans and was just wondering if any of you know if there are any nice styles that really go with glasses like this?
Reply 342
Original post by RedBlossom
Hey everyone >_<
Not really bothered with my hair for a long time, so I just let it grow, only bothering to trim it when my ends start splitting.

I've got long, straight, dark-brown hair. But I'd like a hairstyle to go with my glasses? I wear Ray Bans and was just wondering if any of you know if there are any nice styles that really go with glasses like this?

I find shoulder length hair is lovely with glasses

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does this look alright? Also if it looks uneven does it make it worse than doing nothing to your hair? And how do you keep it held in that place? When you go to a hairdressers should I take everything out of the hair eg wax? And are hairsprays unisex or do they have seperate brands

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 344
could anyone tell me the name of this haircut or what haircut numbers are used?

http://hairstylesforyou.info/wp-cont...piky_short.jpg
Hi. I'm thinking of getting a new hairstyle but I don't know what. My hair gets wavy when long and this is a pic of me in my current hairstyle. Should I keep it as it is our change? Also give me some hairstyle ideas pls. Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by markscamilleri
Hi. I'm thinking of getting a new hairstyle but I don't know what. My hair gets wavy when long and this is a pic of me in my current hairstyle. Should I keep it as it is our change? Also give me some hairstyle ideas pls. Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

BTW I failed to mention I don't like gel ) don't like the wet look) but I've got clay instead

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 347
Hi Scott,

I have a big problem and and it's becoming a nightmare for me. I am losing hair and I feel so depressed. I have tried many different kind of shampoo and multivitamins (including zinc and biotin) but non of them worked or at least not significantly. It is genetics and I am aware that there is nothing I can do about it but there must be a way to slow it down. I don't care if I lose my hair by the time I'm 30-35 but I'm only 20 and losing too much hair. :frown:

Any Idea or suggestions?
Thank you very much :smile:
Hi,

I have past-boob length fine hair but it's got a ridiculous number of split ends. I've looked for advice elsewhere but everyone talks about having split ends at the bottom of their hair and mine seems to be right through. I've only been to the hairdresser about twice which is probably the problem.
Is the solution to cut my hair to shoulder length? I've never cut my hair except trims so I'm really scared I'll hate it and it will never grow out again. I'd kind of like to try short hair, in theory, but I'm not brave enough and my hair is frizzy and wavy/curly so it could just go mega frizzy when its shorter?

It would be really helpful if anyone could give me advice.
Original post by saeidj
Hi Scott,

I have a big problem and and it's becoming a nightmare for me. I am losing hair and I feel so depressed. I have tried many different kind of shampoo and multivitamins (including zinc and biotin) but non of them worked or at least not significantly. It is genetics and I am aware that there is nothing I can do about it but there must be a way to slow it down. I don't care if I lose my hair by the time I'm 30-35 but I'm only 20 and losing too much hair. :frown:

Any Idea or suggestions?
Thank you very much :smile:

Hi There,

Go to Boots and speak to the pharmacy and ask about a consultation for the drug Propecia. You have to pay for this as a three month course but it is proven to slow down hair loss and in some cases can stop it. If you can keep the hair you have they are on the cusp of finding a cure for baldness. As you said, you are only 20 and it should be likely that within the next 10 years they will have a solution for you to hold onto your hair indefinately. At the moment Propecia is the best way to keep what you have and stop more going.

I hope that helps

Kind Regards

Scott
Original post by Nala1
Hi,

I have past-boob length fine hair but it's got a ridiculous number of split ends. I've looked for advice elsewhere but everyone talks about having split ends at the bottom of their hair and mine seems to be right through. I've only been to the hairdresser about twice which is probably the problem.
Is the solution to cut my hair to shoulder length? I've never cut my hair except trims so I'm really scared I'll hate it and it will never grow out again. I'd kind of like to try short hair, in theory, but I'm not brave enough and my hair is frizzy and wavy/curly so it could just go mega frizzy when its shorter?

It would be really helpful if anyone could give me advice.

Hi,

Cutting it is the best approach. However are you using a lot of silicones and straightening irons as it sounds to me as though your hair is silicone damaged and splitting apart? This happens when silicone products build up on the hair and then you cook them with heat. The hair boils and starts to split up the length and go fluffy.

If this is the case, start using a clarifying shampoo and stop using heat. You need to expose the hair's real texure (which will feel dry and damaged) and then start using a product like Philip Kingsley Elastizer to build it up again. You will still need a good cut, but if you don't address the cause of the problem it will just happen again.

Kind Regards

Scott
Reply 351
My black, curly hair is up to my hips. It grows really slow. I've had long hair since I was 7 years old, right now I'm 14. I have some split ends, and my mom keeps telling me that it's too hard to manage and I should get it cut short.
Should I cut my hair? If so, how short?
Hi scott,
I desperately need help!
I used to have blonde bleached highlights and roots of my natural colour a dark blonde and my hairdresser did a wrong brown dye.
If i use colour b4 my highlights will be back?
And if after it i will go orange what can i use to achieve a dark/medium blonde?
Thank you very very much!
Natasha
Hi, I have been dying my hair for years,a very light blonde, I used to use swarzkopf xxl platinum. You had to mix a sachet of powder with the cream, the colour was fantastic, recently I have been trying to use gentler products on my hair,so chose Olia in the lightest shade unfortunately my hair is now a grey/blue, as the shade was not recommended for grey hair ( which most of my natural hair colour is now ) My hairdresser used to use a gold shampoo which corrected the colour beautifully, that salon is no longer there and no one else has heard of it, only the silver/ violet ones. What could it have been? She washed it in and out pretty smartish, I know that much. Can you help please??.I don't want blue hair anymore !
(edited 10 years ago)
What is the best way to go blonde? I was advised to get gradual highlights but this takes a lot of time and money. Can I not just go blonde at once or does this have a habit of looking cheap?
My hair has been receding since i was 19 yrs old, it's got to the point now where i have lost all confidence around women, can anyone help/ recommend anything???
Hi Scott, I recently had very light blonde hair block colour. The roots were coming through too dark, so on your fb page I read about pre-pigmenting hair to apply a darker shade, so I bought the red colour restore (i used to use it when i had red hair, i used the platinum one on my blonde hair too). I selected a medium brown john feria mousse 5n. I applied the red colour restore then waited, washed it all out. My hair was quite bright light red. I then put on some pre colour spray by goldwell porosity spray put it on the drier lighter areas.
So I dyed hair but its come out too dark and its very dark copper, like a level 3/4 but with redness I wanted a lighter- medium brown. The reason I didnt put light brown dye on is because in the past its come out too light, now its the opposite I cant find a medium. I was going to buy the decolour remover on monday or tuesday (i dyed my hair thursday night) . But Im not sure what to do after, I'd love a light brown shade but not too gingery Im just stuck what to do from here.
Btw I know these shop dyes have high developers as they are universal so that will kick up warmth too.
Thank you Scott

Kind regards

Tanya
How to do a French Plait / Waterfall Braid on your own hair? :redface:

Also, is there a way to make your hair grow quickly but healthily?

Finally, which dry shampoo do you think is best? I currently use Batiste which is quite effective.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Yo you still come on here? got a question about what hairstyle would suit me
My hair is pretty long it is down to my lower back. It is naturally a mixed hair type, meaning straight, wavy, and curly parts. It also gets sun bleached easily and so the top of my hair is a light blond, and the bottom is a dirty blond. I part it far on the right and if I change it, the color if both sides or the part will be different. I don't want to dye it though... What would be some styling options that could work with my part, and some ways to actually style my hair every day?
Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest